Tulsi Gabbard quits Trump administration role amid husband’s cancer diagnosis

    Tulsi Gabbard has resigned as US Director of National Intelligence to support her husband after his rare bone cancer diagnosis

    Principal Deputy Director Aaron Lukas will take over as Acting Director of National Intelligence
    Principal Deputy Director Aaron Lukas will take over as Acting Director of National Intelligence

    Resignation effective June 30

    Tulsi Gabbard submitted her resignation letter to President Donald Trump

    Tulsi Gabbard has resigned as the United States Director of National Intelligence, citing her husband’s serious health condition as the reason for stepping down from the role.

    In a resignation letter addressed to US President Donald Trump, Gabbard announced that her resignation would take effect on June 30, 2026.

    She revealed that her husband, Abraham, has been diagnosed with a rare form of bone cancer and said she wanted to dedicate her time to supporting him during his treatment and recovery.

    “Unfortunately, I must submit my resignation, effective June 30, 2026. My husband, Abraham, has recently been diagnosed with an extremely rare form of bone cancer. He faces major challenges in the coming weeks and months,” Gabbard wrote.

    The former intelligence chief said she could not continue in such a demanding public role while her husband battles a serious illness.

    “At this time, I must step away from public service to be by his side and fully support him through this battle,” she added.

    Gabbard also thanked Trump for giving her the opportunity to lead the Office of the Director of National Intelligence over the last year and a half.

    Responding to the resignation, Trump praised Gabbard’s work in the administration and expressed support for her family during the difficult period.

    Gabbard said she wanted to fully support her husband through his treatment and recovery
    Gabbard said she wanted to fully support her husband through his treatment and recovery

    In a post on Truth Social, Trump said Gabbard had done an “incredible job” and would be missed by the administration.

    “Her wonderful husband, Abraham, has been recently diagnosed with a rare form of bone cancer, and she, rightfully, wants to be with him,” Trump wrote.

    The US President also expressed confidence that Abraham would recover soon.

    Following Gabbard’s resignation, Principal Deputy Director of National Intelligence Aaron Lukas will take over as Acting Director of National Intelligence until a permanent replacement is appointed.

    For all the latest updates, download PGurus App.

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here

    error: Content is protected !!