
Hemant Soren’s Cabinet has cancelled the JSSC-CGL examination and all examinations, results and selections linked to TDPL
The Jharkhand government has accepted a major set of demands raised by protesting job aspirants, cancelling the JSSC Combined Graduate Level (JSSC-CGL) examination and all examinations conducted through TSR Data Processing Private Limited (TDPL).
The decision was announced by Chief Minister Hemant Soren after a special Cabinet meeting in Ranchi on Monday. Soren said the government had examined the issues raised by students and decided to scrap not only the examinations conducted by TDPL but also the results published by the agency and selections or participation of candidates through those processes.
VIDEO | Jharkhand CM Hemant Soren says, “Today, we held a special Cabinet meeting to bring this matter to a conclusion. After considering all aspects and finding solutions to the issues, we have decided to cancel all examinations conducted by TDPL, the results published by TDPL,… pic.twitter.com/vPGtEHLSzK
— Press Trust of India (@PTI_News) August 17, 2026
“After considering all aspects and finding solutions to the issues, we have decided to cancel all examinations conducted by TDPL, the results published by TDPL, and the selection or participation of any candidates through TDPL,” Soren said.
24-day agitation ends in major breakthrough
The Cabinet decision came after 24 days of protests by JPSC-JSSC aspirants over alleged irregularities in the state’s recruitment examination system. Student leaders had been demanding cancellation of the disputed examinations and a transparent overhaul of the recruitment process.
#WATCH | Ranchi, Jharkhand: JPSC-JSSC aspirants get emotional as they celebrate after the state government accepted their demands. The JSSC CGL exam and all exams conducted on behalf of TDPL have been cancelled. pic.twitter.com/u34jcsShxA
— ANI (@ANI) August 17, 2026
The agitation also saw student leader Devendra Nath Mahto undertake a 16-day hunger strike. Following the government’s announcement, Mahto ended his fast and described the cancellation as a major victory for students.
The mood among protesting aspirants changed dramatically after the announcement. Videos and visuals from Ranchi showed students celebrating and getting emotional as they welcomed the government’s decision.
Probe into recruitment exams since 2014
The government has also ordered a comprehensive inquiry into irregularities in recruitment examinations conducted since 2014. A committee headed by senior IAS officer Amitabh Kaushal has been constituted to examine the examination system and recommend reforms. The CID is separately investigating examinations conducted through TDPL.
Soren said investigators had uncovered several “surprising” aspects during the ongoing probe but indicated that details could not yet be made public.
The government’s move, however, has created a new problem for candidates who had already cleared the JSSC-CGL examination and secured government jobs. Reports said around 1,975 candidates could be affected by the cancellation, with some of them subsequently protesting against the decision and demanding that their appointments not be scrapped without individual scrutiny.
The development therefore marks both a major victory for the protesting aspirants and a fresh uncertainty for those who cleared the disputed examination.
For now, the government faces the task of rebuilding confidence in Jharkhand’s recruitment system while ensuring that the promised investigation and reforms translate into a transparent process for future candidates.
For all the latest updates, download PGurus App.
- DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha’s I-Day presence, calls salute exchange ‘vulgarity’ - August 18, 2026
- Supreme Court mulls quashing FIRs against student protesters, proposes high-powered panel to probe violence - August 18, 2026
- Pakistan Supreme Court orders Imran Khan’s medical examination amid health concerns - August 18, 2026








This is illegal and what happens to those who paid money for the leaked paper & spent their life earnings ? will they be returned the money ? Modi govt is responsible for this financial mess it has created !!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂