Jharkhand HC Stays JPSC, JSSC Exam Cancellation; Candidates Get Relief

    Jharkhand High Court stays the government's JPSC and JSSC exam cancellation order and directs affected successful candidates to resume duty

    The government's orders came after a 25-day students' agitation over alleged irregularities in the recruitment exams
    The government's orders came after a 25-day students' agitation over alleged irregularities in the recruitment exams

    JPSC-JSSC Cancellation Put On Hold By Jharkhand High Court

    In a major relief for candidates, the Jharkhand High Court has stayed the state government’s decision to cancel recruitment exams and directed successful candidates to resume duty.

    The Jharkhand High Court on Thursday put a hold on the state government’s decision to cancel recruitment examinations conducted through the Jharkhand Public Service Commission (JPSC) and Jharkhand Staff Selection Commission (JSSC).

    The interim order comes just days after the government cancelled 22 recruitment examinations, citing findings from investigations into alleged irregularities. The decision had triggered a fresh crisis, particularly for candidates who had already cleared the exams and joined government service.

    Candidates Told To Resume Duty

    Justice Deepak Roshan directed successful candidates affected by the cancellation to resume their duties immediately.

    The order offers crucial relief to candidates whose appointments suddenly came under threat. Some had even been stopped from entering their workplaces after the government’s cancellation decision.

    The court is expected to hear the matter further on August 25.

    Why Did Jharkhand Cancel The Exams?

    The state government’s move followed a prolonged student agitation over alleged irregularities in recruitment examinations.

    The government had said its decision was based on complaints and material emerging from CID and SIT investigations into examinations conducted by JPSC and through outsourced agency TSR Data Processing Private Limited (TDPL). It also announced reforms to strengthen the recruitment system.

    The cancellations affected a wide range of recruitment tests, including examinations linked to civil services and other government posts.

    A New Twist In The Recruitment Row

    The government’s action initially appeared to address a key demand of protesting students seeking action against alleged malpractice. But it immediately created another problem: what happens to candidates who had cleared the disputed examinations through the existing process?

    That question is now before the High Court.

    The court’s intervention means the government’s cancellation order cannot immediately end the appointments of affected candidates. However, Thursday’s order is an interim relief, and the larger legal dispute over the examinations and recruitment process remains unresolved.

    For thousands of aspirants and selected candidates, the next hearing could therefore determine the direction of one of Jharkhand’s biggest recruitment controversies in recent years.

    For all the latest updates, download PGurus App.

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here

    error: Content is protected !!