Mexico massacre leaves 10 dead after gunmen attack Puebla town

    Federal investigators have launched a probe after a deadly mass shooting in Puebla, Mexico, left 10 people dead

    Cartel violence fears rise after deadly Mexico town massacre
    Cartel violence fears rise after deadly Mexico town massacre

    Gunmen attack Tehuitzingo town

    Authorities said 10 people were killed during the overnight shooting

    At least 10 people, including a child, were killed after heavily armed gunmen stormed Tehuitzingo town in Mexico’s Puebla state and opened fire during the early hours of Sunday, authorities said.

    According to Puebla’s public security agency, the victims included six men, three women and one child, all of whom died from gunshot wounds in what is being seen as one of the deadliest attacks in the region in recent months.

    Federal investigators have now taken over the case as officials attempt to determine the motive behind the massacre and identify those responsible.

    Gunmen open fire in Puebla town

    The attack took place in Tehuitzingo, a town located in east-central Mexico’s Puebla state, where armed assailants reportedly stormed the area and began firing indiscriminately.

    Authorities have so far not disclosed whether the killings were linked to organised crime groups or cartel activity, though the region has witnessed a sharp rise in violence in recent months.

    No arrests have been made yet.

    Last month’s Teotihuacan pyramid attack had already raised major security concerns
    Last month’s Teotihuacan pyramid attack had already raised major security concerns

    Violence surges across central Mexico

    The massacre comes amid growing concerns over escalating cartel-related violence across central Mexico.

    In February this year, six people were killed in Huehuetlan El Grande, also located in Puebla state. Days later, another armed attack in Puebla city left three people dead after gunmen targeted their vehicle.

    Officials say the worsening violence has forced hundreds of families to flee their homes. Reports suggest between 800 and 1,000 families have already been displaced due to insecurity and fear of cartel clashes.

    Despite the latest killings, Puebla Governor Alejandro Armenta has not yet issued a public statement on the incident.

    Tourist site shooting raised alarm earlier

    The latest attack follows another shocking incident last month at the historic Teotihuacan pyramids near Mexico City, where an armed man climbed atop one of the monuments and opened fire on tourists.

    A Canadian national was killed in that shooting, while at least 13 others suffered injuries. Authorities later confirmed the shooter died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

    Police recovered a firearm, ammunition and a knife from the scene.

    Among those injured were six Americans, three Colombians, two Brazilians, one Russian and another Canadian citizen.

    The back-to-back violent incidents have intensified concerns over public safety and the growing influence of organised criminal groups across parts of Mexico.

    For all the latest updates, download PGurus App.

    LEAVE A REPLY

    Please enter your comment!
    Please enter your name here

    error: Content is protected !!