The speeches made by and statements issued to the press by the organizers of the anti-CAA, NRC and NPR protests should leave none in any doubt that their aim is sinister.
December 11, 2019, was a historic day in the political history of India. That day, the Parliament took cognizance of the woeful tales of the non-Muslim minorities in Pakistan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan and passed the Citizenship Amendment Bill (CAB). It was passed even by the Rajya Sabha where the ruling BJP/NDA was in a minority. The Bill was passed in the Rajya Sabha with 125 members in favour and 105 against. In the Lok Sabha, an overwhelming majority of lawmakers voted for the Bill. It was expected. The historic Bill was supported by many opposition parties in both the Houses of Parliament. Some of the parties were JDU, AIADMK, BJD, TDP and YSR Congress Party. The Congress; the fast-crumbling Left, SP, BSP, JDA, JDS, PDP and the NC; the NCP, the TMC and the AAP vehemently opposed the Bill in the name of the so-called secularism and the so-called “idea of India”. The adopted Bill amended the Citizenship Act of 1955. It provided a path to Indian citizenship for members of Hindu, Buddhist, Jain, Sikh, Christian and Parsi religious minorities, who fled from Islamic Pakistan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan before December 2014 to save their religion, civilization, culture and dignity and escape physical liquidation at the hands of the Islamic zealots.
It was hoped that the Muslims and the Opposition will respect the legislation as passed by both the Houses of Parliament, the highest law-making body in the country. But it was not to be. Instead, they adopted 8 methods to oppose the Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA) or force the Union Government to withdraw it.
“They have been saying again and again that the CAA is “dangerously communal as it excludes the persecuted Muslim communities like Shias and Ahmadiyyas in Pakistan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan”.
(1) They filed almost 150 petitions against the CAA in the Supreme Court and other courts. Some of them even urged the Supreme Court to bar the BJP-led NDA Government at the Centre from updating National Register of Population (NPR) and preparing National Register of Citizens (NRC) – a highly sinister suggestion. The NPR and the NRC are rabidly described as anti-Muslim. (They described as rabidly anti-Muslim the NPR and the NRC.)
(2) They instigate and continue to instigate, students of the various Central Universities, including Jawaharlal Nehru University, Aligarh Muslim University, Jamia Millia Islamia, Hyderabad University and Jadavpur University and Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) such as Madras and Bombay to organize protest demonstrations.
(3) They are using Friday prayers as a tool to disrupt the normal life in different parts of the country, especially the national capital, Delhi, Kerala, Kolkata, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Lucknow, Bangaluru, to mention only a few.
(4) They converted Jamia Millia area, including Shaheen Bagh, into an epicentre of mischievous protests. According to one estimate, the critics of the CAA (read bitter foes of PM Narendra Modi and HM Amit Shah) have created more than 400 Shaheen Baghs in different parts of the country.
(5) They hire and use women and children to achieve their objective.
(6) They engage Left-oriented celebrities to glamourize their ill-designed and ill-motivated movement (read jihad) and influence the gullible people.
(7) They use the compromised Lutyens media to promote their agenda through pro-Pakistan, pro-China and anti-India and anti-Hindu essay writers.
(8) They misuse the Indian Constitution and the Indian Flag and masquerade as nationalist of nationalists, promoters of democracy and protectors of Indian Constitution to hoodwink the nation, instigate Muslims and mislead the international community. Besides, they rope in sections of perverted and purchased international media, especially US and UK-based, to misrepresent the facts, tarnish the image of PM Narendra Modi and HM Amit Shah and create an impression that India under them is turning “fascist” with each passing day and “Muslim and Christian minorities in India are in danger”. So much so, they have been trying to rope in European Union to push forward their sinister agenda.
They are spending huge money to achieve their goal. If one goes by former Home Ministry official RVS Mani, then it can be said that “close to Rs 50,000 crores of rupees have been spent on the ongoing anti-CAA protests”. “Money is coming from Saudi Arabi, Dubai and Nepal and Sri Lanka-based Pakistan High Commissions. Those controlling leather industry and others are also funding these Shaheen Baghs,” claimed RVS Mani only the other day (pgurus.com, January 31). Earlier, the reports were to the effect that radical Islamist outfit, Popular Front of India (PFI), spent “Rs 120 crores to instigate anti-CAA protests and a major portion went to some lawyers”.
What has been the whole upshot of those opposing the CAA? They have been terming the CAA “anti-Muslim” and as a move calculated to establishing “Hindu Rashtra”. They have been saying again and again that the CAA is “dangerously communal as it excludes the persecuted Muslim communities like Shias and Ahmadiyyas in Pakistan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan”. It’s a bogus argument. A bogus argument in the sense that the father of Pakistan is MA Jinnah, a Shia, and the present Army chief in Pakistan is Qamar Bajwa, an Ahmedia.
The fact of the matter is that they, on the one hand, want the Narendra Modi Government to treat the Muslims of 100% Islamic Pakistan, Bangladesh and Afghanistan at par with the persecuted non-Muslim microscopic minorities, and, on the other, ensure that no illegal Myanmari, Bangladeshi and Pakistani immigrant (read Muslim) is deported from India. How else should one describe their bitter opposition to the NPR and the (non-existent) NRC and their oft-repeated claim that the NPR and the NRC – apart from the CAA – are the two other calculated moves of the Narendra Modi Government to convert India into Hindu Rashtra?
The speeches made by and statements issued to the press by the organizers of the anti-CAA, anti-NRC and anti-NPR protests should leave none in any doubt that their aim is sinister. They want to convert India into an Islamic state. Some of them have openly and in unambiguous terms said that they will not accept anything other than “Sharia”. Some of them have admitted that they want “Kashmir’s Azaadi” and separation of Assam and Northeast from India. While some others have told the majority community that “they have no other option but to accept the Muslim diktats”. Not just this, many a protestor and their supporters, including film-maker Tapan Bose, have publicly said that “the Modi-Amit Shah rule is not acceptable” and “theirs is the second freedom struggle”. All this should clear all cobwebs of confusion.
It needs to be underlined that the acceptance of the demand that the CAA must be withdrawn and the Narendra Modi Government must say a big NO to the NPR and the NRC would simply mean the negation of the 2014 and 2019 mandates. In other words, it would mean the collapse of the Narendra Modi Government and end of the Modi era. But more than that, it would also mean the rise of a situation under which the majority community would be at the mercy of the patently communal minority and disintegration of India. It’s heartening that the PM Modi on January 31 made it loud and clear that the CAA shall not be withdrawn and urged the entire political class to support it. Earlier, HM Shah made a similar statement. He said: “Let them go on protesting but we will not withdraw the CAA”.
1. The views expressed here are those of the author and do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of PGurus.