1. Biden’s first Press Conference – On the message, Defensive and Combative sometimes
2. Georgia votes to limit who can vote – Biden calls state GOP voting restrictions efforts ‘sick’ and ‘un-American’
3. Biden says he would run for re-election in 2024
4. India on Thursday reported 59,074 new Covid-19 infections, the highest in a single day since October 17, 2020
Sree Iyer: Hello and welcome to PGurus Channel. This is Daily Global Insights episode number 127. Today is the 26th of March 2021. Sridhar Chityalaji is unable to join us. But we hope that we’ll be back again with us from Monday onwards.
Here are the main points:
Biden’s first press conference was on the message defensive and sometimes combative.
Georgia vows to limit who can vote.
Biden calls State GOP voting restrictions efforts, sick and un-American Biden says, he would run for re-election in 2024.
India on Thursday reported 59,074 new covid-19 infections, the highest in a single day since October 17th, 2020.
And in other US News immigration, Biden denies the rule change has brought many more to the US border unable to shake off probing questions refuses to call it a crisis. Biden says that he is looking at reforming the Senate filibuster in a major way including going beyond just reverting to the so-called standing filibuster. He demonstrated a firm grasp on the wide array of issues confronting his presidency.
In India news, Congress MLA’s cousin Tausif and his aide Rehan found guilty in Nikita Tomar murder case sentencing will be today. Nikita Tomar, 21, was doing her final year become at Agarwal College in Vallabh Graham on Monday, October 26, 2020. She had gone to the college to give an exam when she was stepping out of the college with a friend after the exam around 3:45 p.m. She was confronted by Tausif and his friend Rehan who was waiting for her in a car. The whole incident was captured on CCTV. You may remember how in open daylight Tausif shot dead Nikita and escaped in that car. I’m glad that Justice was done speedily for Nikita Tomar.
In Global News, jailed Putin opponent Navalny says his health is worsening. Jailed Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny said that his health is worsening despite assurances from the Putin government that everything was fine. Jailed Russian opposition leader Alexei Navalny said he is suffering severe back pain despite the reserve officer’s assurances that everything is satisfactory.
In Global Covid News, the second surge of covid across the world, India on Thursday reported 59,074 new covid infections, and the surge has been predominantly in the areas in the states of Maharashtra, Gujarat and now Punjab.
President Biden says controlling covid is his first priority.
In markets, Dow closes up almost 200 points and S&P, Nasdaq all went up. The DNJ is 32,601 S&P is 3,918, Nasdaq closes at 13,094 and crude finished at $58.66 cents, Brent $61.65 cents, Bitcoin finished at $52150. That’s all for you today. Have a nice weekend, and we’ll hope to see you again back on Monday morning. Namaskar.
- Unabated violence against Hindus in Bangladesh can be solved in this way, says Sree Iyer - October 17, 2021
- Suhel Seth & Abhijit Iyer-Mitra review the two books of Sree Iyer in the Money series - October 16, 2021
- Sree Iyer on NewsX slams US Democrats over their outrage on US Diplomat-RSS Chief meeting - October 14, 2021