In a day of hectic activity, senior Bharatiya Janata Party leader Dr. Subramanian Swamy has written two letters (both published below) urging the Prime Minister to appoint a Special Investigation Team (SIT) to probe into the alleged fraud committed by Shri Ratan Tata in partnering with Air Asia and Vistara airlines, in complete violation of the laws of the country. Here is a copy of the first letter:
The above letter details how there was a fraudulent transaction of Rs. 22 crores ($3.3 million) involving non-existent parties of India and Singapore. A quick read of this sentence reveals that it might have been a payoff or a bribe or a consideration. He alleges that the Executive Trustee Mr. Venkataraman who is on the board of Air Asia and also a shareholder in the company did not see it worthy of a study. Only after an independent Director resigned, did the Board decide to belatedly file a “First Information Report”.
Stating the above act as a severe indictment by a person (Ratan Tata) who was the Chairman of the Board, Dr. Swamy urged the Prime Minister to direct the Ministry of Civil Aviation to order immediate cessation of all flights by Air Asia and Vistara till a full investigation is concluded.
In his follow-up letter to the above letter, Dr. Swamy sharpened his allegations, quoting Cyrus Mistry’s letter that four grievous criminal offences have been committed by Mr. Ratan Tata in various deals, herein as noted:
- IPC Section 120B (conspiracy)
- Section 403 (dishonest misappropriation of public funds)
- Section 405 (criminal breach of trust) and
- Section 415 (cheating)
Here is a copy of this letter to the PM:
PGurus wrote about this email by Cyrus Mistry and below is a copy of the email Cyrus Mistry sent to the Board members of Tata Sons which is quoted in the above follow-up letter:
Cyrus Mistry's Letter to Directors of Tata Sons Oct 25, 2016 by PGurus on Scribd
- Review audit of Videocon hints at questionable accounting entries by promoters Dhoot family - June 10, 2023
- President Xi Jinping asks troops to forge a “great wall of steel” in guarding China’s borders - June 9, 2023
- CBI forms SIT to probe Manipur violence cases, re-registers six FIRs referred by State - June 9, 2023