Her husband Abhisar Sharma was working with NDTV as a journalist cum anchor at an exorbitant salary. CBI also sent reminders to Income Tax department in March 2016 seeking some more documents in this case. Both communications are published at the end of this report.
CBI is also probing into the role of another lady Income Tax official Ashima Neb for NDTV account manipulations. According to the latest information sent by Income Tax to CBI, Shumana Sen is having a gross unaccounted income of Rs.7 crores ($1.046 million), and husband journalist Abhisar Sharma is having a gross unaccounted income of Rs.4.08 crores ($610,000). The IRS officer Ashima Neb’s gross unaccounted income comes to Rs.2.93 crores ($438,000).
CBI is expected to register a First Information Report (FIR) soon in this case against the two lady officers and also against NDTV under Prevention of Corruption Act and misuse of official position. This case was first exposed by senior Income Tax officer S K Srivastava and he was arm-twisted by the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) regime. Srivastava was hounded and several false cases were foisted on him. He was taken back into service by the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) regime.
oted activists S Gurumurthy and Madhu Kishwar had written about Srivastava’s trials and tribulations. Noted lawyer Ram Jethmalani and former Director General of Police (DGP) K P S Gill also took up the issues raised by Srivastava.
1. The conversion rate used in this article is 1 USD = 66.89 Rupees.
2. Text in Blue points to additional data on the topic. It is highly recommended that you read these to get the complete picture.
Latest posts by Team PGurus (see all)
- Security Clearance for Radio/ TV Channels: MHA favors Marans in SC, objects to others in HC! - June 26, 2017
- Bhag Meira Bhag! - June 25, 2017
- Swamy seeks clarification on GST implications on Temple Boards. Urges total tax exemption - June 25, 2017