In this wide-ranging chat on India’s “Private” Banks where no one (including the Reserve Bank of India (RBI)) can tell who the real owners are, how their Chief Executive Officers are chosen and why the masters are keeping quiet on the transgressions of their CEO.
The exact shareholding details are listed in the form of graphs at the end of this post. GDR, Global Depository Receipts are counted as Foreign investment.
The need of the hour is:
- For the Watchdog organizations to bark and if no action, bite.
- Full disclosure by babudom on where their kith and kin are employed and to recuse themselves completely from decision making in cases of conflict of interest.
- The Big Four Accounting firms must reveal how many sinecure postings have been given. This must be a matter of public record.
- The need to re-constitute the entire board of the RBI.
- Who are the real owners in these Banks? Will RBI reveal this information?
Here are the shareholding details of the three biggest Private Banks in India.
Latest posts by Sahil Mishra (see all)
- Q&A Session at the Indian Grand Narrative Event in Mumbai - July 22, 2018
- Swamy the Giant Slayer - July 20, 2018
- Dr. Swamy, Prof. M D Nalapat and Sree Iyer in NewsX on the Chidambaram Aircel-Maxis scam - July 20, 2018