Ikkjutt Jammu – a Jammu based NGO released a report on the demographic invasion on Jammu. Read the findings of the report, which cannot be ignored.
On February 6, Jammu-based NGO, Ikkjutt Jammu, which has been spearheading a relentless campaign against those seeking to change Jammu’s demography since months now, released a report in Jammu on the demographic invasion on Jammu. The report was prepared by a committee appointed by the Ikkjutt Jammu months ago and was released by its chairman, Advocate Ankur Sharma in a press conference. It was a comprehensive report. The committee on Demographic change of Jammu Province ascertained the demographic changes within the Jammu city and areas adjoining it. It came to the startling conclusion that the “predominantly Hindu majority city has already been encircled by creating a ring of Muslim colonies and settlements as well as building residential accommodations so that a sudden influx of Muslim population into and around Jammu city can go almost unnoticed”.
“We have been witnessing a very systematic state-sponsored plan of creating a Muslim majority-Jammu as a prelude to creating a Muslim-majority Jammu province,” the report said.
Some of its findings are:
1. A sinister Demographic war on Jammu province was unleashed immediately after the total religious cleansing of Hindus in Kashmir in 1990. This Demographic assault was spearheaded by the so-called secular Muslim leaders of mainstream Muslim political parties National Conference and Congress later on joined by the leadership of People’s Democratic Party. To be more specific, Former J&K CMs, Farooq Abdullah and Ghulam Nabi Azad, led the demographic war on Jammu from the front by illegally occupying the forest lands in Bhatindi and building their houses on these lands. Frontline Muslim leaders of Congress, National Conference and PDP ensured that the demographic assault on Jammu becomes a state-sponsored project.
2. This demographic assault to convert Jammu province into a Muslim majority province has a clear cut objective of the genocidal destabilization of Hindus living in Jammu province.
3. Around 100,000 residential houses and accommodations have been built in and around Jammu city since 1990.
4. 50 lakh Kanals of Government land, including forest land, has been encroached upon in the Jammu province, particularly on the stretch extending from Jammu city to Lakhanpur. (One kanal equals exactly 605 square yards or 1/8 acre.) The report rejected the official claim that “25 lakh Kanals of Government land has been encroached”. It termed the official view as “a gross understatement”.
5. More than 100 mosques have been built in and around Jammu city where there were only 3 mosques in 1994.
6. A new Jammu city has already been built within the slopes of Bhatindi forest Hills, Sidhra and the adjoining areas of Tawi Floor Bed. The Bhatindi locality is no longer a locality but a sprawling town, a very small portion of which is visible from Old Jammu city. Moving into Bhatindi exposes one to a wholesale capture of mountain slopes which originally were lush green forests. A sprawling city has come up in the encroached hillocks, forests and state land with full civic amenities and road connectivity. It is glaringly evident that the entire process of building “a new Muslim Majority city has been done with the full connivance of the State government and its political class”. Roughly more that 25000 houses have come up in this area extending from Channi to Sidhra to Bajalta on both sides of the National Highway 44 connecting Kunjwani to Nagrota. Most of these houses are on encroached forest and state land.
7.The entire developmental plan of Jammu city in last two decades has been so devised to make the Muslim majority new Jammu a sustainable city having a potential of rendering the original expanse of Old Jammu city into a backyard through the building of road connectivity including NH44 and systematic and deliberate establishment of Business houses. “We have been witnessing a very systematic state-sponsored plan of creating a Muslim majority-Jammu as a prelude to creating a Muslim-majority Jammu province,” the report said.
8. Overwhelmingly Muslim areas, which constitute this demographic encroachment, are Bhatindi, Narwal, Sunjwan, Kaluchak, Peer Baba Mohalla, Poonchi Mohalla, Channi Rama, Channi Himmat, Raika, Sidhra, Rangoora, Khanpur, Nagrota, Gujjar Mohalla, Qasim Nagar on both sides of newly built NH 44 Bypass. Out of these localities only Channi Himmat and Qasim Nagar have a 50:50 Hindu Muslim population all the rest are overwhelmingly Muslim majority localities with a Muslim population of more than 80 per cent.
Home Minister Amit Shah would do well to consider this report and order a high-level probe into the whole issue so that those changed Jammu’s demography to promote their sinister agenda are brought to justice.
9. While NH44 is dominated by the Muslim localities built on the Bhatindi-Raika Hills, the adjacent NHA1 has also seen the development of Muslim majority localities overlooking the highway starting from Gujjar Nagar on the right side of river Tawi, Upper reaches of the high slopes starting from the HC complex Janipura and extending right up to Akhnoor-Jammu Highway. The Muslim localities overlooking Jammu-Akhnoor highway are Ladakhi Colony-Upper Thatter, Poonch Colony-Gurha Brahmina, Haiderpora-Chinore, Gujjar Mohalla-Paloura, Poonch Colony-Bagani Raipur, Haiderpora-Malpur, Masjid Mohalla-Burn, Kot-Lower Kaala Kaan, Thatter Flats, Sukhi Nehar-Ban Talaab, Bharat Nagar, Kang Kote, Chak Bhalwal, Patoli,, Purkhoo, Luxmi Nagar, Ramzanpura etc. More than 30 mosques have come up only in this area.
10. These localities overlooking Jammu Akhnoor Highway when seen along with huge purchase of Land from upper reaches of Domana to the lowest point through Jammu Akhnoor highway create a strategic demographic foothold to destabilize the Hindu majority Jammu city.
11. Muslim Bureaucrats, politicians, businessmen, subversive elements within the security establishment too, have been at the forefront of this demographic assault and most of them have taken a lead by themselves building houses and business establishments on encroached lands.
12. Within the Jammu city itself, the original Muslim localities of Khatikan Talab and Ustad Mohalla have expanded manifold. While the Hindus living in these areas have systematically shifted out, the Islamisation of the localities has gained momentum. Within the Jammu city, the building of Gujjar Nagar was the first State-sponsored demographic intervention in the Original Jammu city.
13. Lands of Hindus have been claimed by Wakf recently in Hindu-majority Samba, Kathua, Jammu districts and even Hindu majority towns like Poonch, Ramban etc.
14. Building Muslim localities along the floor bed of Tawi River near Nagrota has been a critical component of the subversive strategy to encircle the Military Cantonment of Nagrota.
15. The demographic character of business establishments in the form of Dhabas, restaurants, general grocery and handicraft shops, hotels, along Jammu Srinagar Highway and Jammu Poonch highway has also seen a drastic change.
16. Areas around the railway tracks in Jammu have also been targets of demographic encroachment.
17. The last Governor of the Jammu and Kashmir state, Satya Pal Malik, took a bold step of annulling the Roshni Act of 2001 which constituted the Legislative Demographic Jihad against Jammu. This bold step raised hopes that Government of India had finally woken up to the grim reality of demographic war being waged on Hindus of Jammu along with the promise that Rohingya Muslim refugees will be shifted from Jammu.
Reflecting on the official attitude, the Ikkjutt Jammu Committee report said: “The period after Jammu and Kashmir was designated as a Union Territory has seen almost a total paralysis in responding to the Demographic War being waged on Jammu”. It further said that the indifferent attitude of the government “is causing huge demoralization” and that “the government proclivity to see Jammu and Kashmir Union Territory primarily as a Kashmir domain and its pathological Kashmir obsession has raised doubts that Jammu and Kashmir is being treated less as a Union Territory and more as Union Muslim Territory”.
The findings of the Ikkjutt Jammu Committee just can’t be ignored. Home Minister Amit Shah would do well to consider this report and order a high-level probe into the whole issue so that those changed Jammu’s demography to promote their sinister agenda are brought to justice. It’s imperative.
1. The views expressed here are those of the author and do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of PGurus.