In a strongly worded letter cautioning the Telangana Chief Minister K Chandrashekhar Rao (KCR) of the error in issuing the externment order issued against Swami Paripoornananda, Senior BJP leader Dr. Subramanian Swamy wrote that the Section under which the order is issued applies only to GOONDAS. By issuing the order against a respected Swami, the government is
- Disrespecting a Sanyasi
- Defaming a respected religious leader and
- Denying him his Fundamental rights – rights to freedom of speech and expression
Swami Paripoornananda is allegedly being kept in his town of Kakinada. It is interesting to note that when the Swami approached the State High Court to appeal this, the court refused to admit the petition!
Swamy quoted that this order is in violation of Article 19(1)(a), 19(1)(b) and 19(1)(d) of the Indian Constitution which guarantees Swami Paripoornananda’s fundamental rights – right to freedom of speech and expression and respect in the eyes of the people.
Stating that the order appears to be arbitrary and it seems that the authorities are flouting the highest law of the land, Dr. Swamy advised KCR to cancel the orders or face the consequences. This begs the question as to who advised KCR to take up this action. Didn’t anyone read the act?
A copy of the letter is attached herewith (there is a minor typo on the year of the letter – it is 2018, not 2019):
- Of merit, reservation, and the inability to think - July 25, 2021
- US Secretary of State Antony J Blinken visiting India on July 27. Afghanistan and cooperation in the UN on the agenda - July 24, 2021
- More leaks from Pegasus Project – CBI top brass Alok Verma and Rakesh Asthana, Anil Ambani, Rafale India rep also in the surveillance list. Dalai Lama’s men too - July 23, 2021