At last Karti’s bag of tricks to evade from the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has ended. The Supreme Court on Friday directed Karti Chidambaram, son of former Union minister P Chidambaram, to appear before investigators at the CBI headquarters on August 23 for interrogation. The court also clarified that the accompanying lawyer would sit in an adjoining room to the place where Karti will be quizzed by CBI investigators.
At one point the Judges asked: “Do you want to say you are so good that you don’t want to appear before CBI?”
The bench comprising Chief Justice J S Khehar and Justice D Y Chandrachud gave CBI the liberty to question him for as many days as it wants till August 28, the next date of hearing. Rejecting Karti’s advocate Gopal Subramanium’s arguments, the apex court reiterated that none of his excuses will prevail as he is evading the agencies. Karti was present in the court.
Gopal Subramanium’s arguments that Enforcement Directorate (ED) was harassing Karti and father Chidambaram were rejected by Court, reminding that no one is above the law. At one point the Judges asked: “Do you want to say you are so good that you don’t want to appear before CBI?”
It also asked Karti to carry all necessary documents required to defend himself against the allegations made by the CBI in the First Information Report (FIR). The bench has now posted the matter for consideration on August 28 and asked both parties to file their respective reports with regard to the investigation and other aspects of the case.
The apex court had on August 14 said that Karti would not be allowed to leave India without subjecting himself to an investigation in the corruption case for accepting kickbacks from INX Media for illegal FIPB clearance given by father Chidambaram. The apex court, which stayed the Madras High Court order putting on hold the look out circular (LOC) issued by the Centre against Karti, had sought to know when he would make his appearance for questioning before CBI.
After CBI questioning, the ED is expected to interrogate Karti in the INX media kickback case and other cases. After Karti’s questioning, the agencies are expected to summon father Chidambaram and the Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) officials.
- Jet Airways: NCLAT allows more time for Jalan Kalrock Consortium to make payments; rejects lenders’ plea for invoking guarantee - May 26, 2023
- NIA urges Delhi High Court, seeks death penalty for Kashmiri terrorist Yasin Malik - May 26, 2023
- Rahul Gandhi gets an ordinary passport for only 3 years. Swamy says Home Ministry must be consulted on British Citizenship issue - May 26, 2023
Karthi is just one cherry on a Sundae. How about Revenue, PWD, Judiciary, Police, RTO etc from Peon upwards who have consumed India since 1947?
Nothing will change until:
(1) Inequality under law and exceptions to the rule of (including “reservations” and special privileges for some religions, castes and tribes at the expense of others) are expurgated from the Constitution and laws of India.
(2) Bribe Taking is defined as criminal extortion or treason and made a capital offense with special rules of evidence and special courts with summary powers (akin to a Military Court Martial).
(3) All court proceedings are video graphed and archived for public viewing and can be used as evidence to prosecute Judges and Magistrates at all levels under special laws and special courts with summary powers akin to a military Court Martial, for insouciance, negligence, tardiness, dereliction of duty, disregard for law and propriety, behaviour unbecoming of a Judge such as lack of etiquette and manners,
(4) every job on the “Public” i.e. Government Pay Roll has specific and unique Key Responsibility Areas, Key Performance Parameters and Objectives for which they are held accountable on pain of summary dismissal for non-performance or life imprisonment for treason for sabotage under special laws and special courts with summary powers akin to a military Court Martial and
(5) India creates an Ombudsman Service of reemployed and retrained military officers (Colonel and Below, JCOs and NCOs) who retire before 50 to serve as presiding officers, investigating/prosecuting and enforcement officers at the afore mentioned “Special Courts”, one for every tehsil with powers to arrest, incarcerate, try and punish any and all from the President of India to a peon in accordance with the Special Laws framed therefor.
How safe are pappu- ma- jija ?
Law works in Hindustan.
Yes. Law really works in Hindustan – like it worked in the Bofors scam.
The biggest scamster of Maharashtra & a known Dawood-aide is a PADMABUSHAN today
Manmohan who made the maximum number of fraudulent coalmine allotments has not even been chargesheeted.
End game stage reached for the son and the father!