[dropcap color=”#008040″ boxed=”yes” boxed_radius=”8px” class=”” id=””]M[/dropcap]r. Prannoy Roy made a laughable statement in his Press Club speech that he and his wife never touched black money. In this context, we are asking 12 questions to Prannoy Roy and his supporters. After laundering and routeing illegal money, tricking Stock Exchanges and Bank frauds the unscrupulous gang in media are trying to take cover in the name of Journalism. Can these people answer the below mentioned 12 questions?
…Prannoy Roy and Radhika Roy have evaded taxable income of Rs.47 crores each through collusive transactions of sale/purchase of share of NDTV at the ridiculously low price of Rs.4 per share as against the quoted price share of NDTV at Rs.140 per share on Stock Exchange was confirmed by the Appellate Authority?
- Whether Income Tax Department and Enforcement Directorate have started investigation of the tax evasion charges against NDTV Group and its Promoters Prannoy Roy and Radhika Roy since 2011 and 2012 respectively and an Assessment Order holding that NDTV Ltd had carried out money laundering of more than Rs.642 crores through its shell company in Netherlands was issued on February 21, 2014 during UPA regime?
- Is it true that Promoters of the NDTV incorporated and operated 32 companies in India, UK, Netherland, Mauritius, Sweden and UAE of NDTV during 2006 to 2012 which included 14 foreign subsidiaries having no employees, no business activities and no place of business? Then why did you, Prannoy Roy, float these paper companies?
- Whether 13 foreign paper companies were liquidated immediately after routing and laundering concealed income of Rs.1100 crores?
- Whether US giant General Electric’s (GE) subsidiary company in Bermuda invested Rs.642.5 crores in the paper company of NDTV in Netherlands, which was formed just a month back for this huge investment? This shell company of NDTV in Netherlands had no staffer, no place of business and no business. And immediately after the investor resold these shares having the investment value of Rs.642.5 crores to the same subsidiary of NDTV at Rs. 58 crores leading to a loss of Rs.580 crores to them in just 18 months. Can Prannoy Roy explain this curious deal?
- Whether the Assessment Order of the Assessing Officer (AO) proving and holding that unaccounted money of Rs.642.5 crores of the NDTV Group was laundered through a paper company of NDTV in Netherlands has been confirmed by Dispute Resolution Panel?
- Is it true that Income Tax Department has raised a tax demand of Rs.514 crores on NDTV Ltd?
- Whether unidentified entities located in Switzerland, British Virgin Island, Cayman Island had invested unexplained fund of Rs.400 crores in a paper company of NDTV in UK in the year 2008?
- Whether copies of email correspondences amongst Prannoy Roy, Radhika Roy, KVL Narayan Rao, Vikram Chandra and Vivek Mehra of PWC clearly prove that promoters of NDTV actually made conscious efforts to hide the true nature of routing of the transaction of the fund of 1100 crores using its shell companies in UK and Netherlands?
- Whether holding company of NDTV – RRPR Holding Pvt Ltd – controlled by Prannoy Roy and Radhika Roy has covertly sold the controlling interest in NDTV Ltd at sale consideration of Rs.403.85 crores by wrongly classifying the sale consideration as loan and without paying capital gain tax?
- Whether Prannoy Roy and Radhika Roy have sold/ purchased shares of NDTV quoted at Stock Exchanges at Rs.140 per share in the year 2009-2010 at ridiculously low price at Rs.4 per share leading to syphoning of fund of Rs.95 crores of RRPR Holding Pvt Ltd by the Promoters?
- Whether the Order of Assessing Officer that Prannoy Roy and Radhika Roy have evaded taxable income of Rs.47 crores each through collusive transactions of sale/purchase of share of NDTV at the ridiculously low price of Rs.4 per share as against the quoted price share of NDTV at Rs.140 per share on Stock Exchange was confirmed by the Appellate Authority?
- Is it true that Income Tax Department has raised tax demand of Rs.30.54 crores each on Prannoy Roy and Radhika Roy out of which tax demands of Rs.14 crores each was confirmed in appeal?
So Prannoy Roy and Friends, any answers to these questions?
1. Text in Blue points to additional data on the topic.
- US Secretary of State Antony J Blinken visiting India on July 27. Afghanistan and cooperation in the UN on the agenda - July 24, 2021
- More leaks from Pegasus Project – CBI top brass Alok Verma and Rakesh Asthana, Anil Ambani, Rafale India rep also in the surveillance list. Dalai Lama’s men too - July 23, 2021
- Lingayat pontiffs rally behind Yediyurappa, want BJP to allow him to complete term. Subramanian Swamy backs the Chief Minister - July 21, 2021