The National Investigative Agency (NIA) of India, arrested Zahoor Watali, a prominent Srinagar based businessman. According to Times of India, Watali was arrested in Srinagar yesterday.
Is this the tip of the iceberg? Are there more Watalis that are going to come out of the woods?
The NIA first questioned Watali on June 4, 2017, and obtained several documents related to the source of funding from foreign sources and its distribution to separatists and terrorists for anti-India activities.
We at Team PGurus had reported on January 9, 2017, about the details of calls between Geelani and Mirwaiz with their ISI handler.
Who is Zahoor Watali and how much property do he and his family possess? PGurus is in possession of a set of documents that show in great detail the various assets of Watali. A summary and then a detailed graphic of his assets are listed below:
Note that 1 Kanal of land is 605 square yards or 1/8th of an acre or 506 square meters. 1 Marla is 25 square yards.
- Katwari Village in Handswara district Kashmir – Watali owns land, houses and shops worth Rs. 50 lakhs (date of estimation not know) in and around this village.
- Narbal, Srinagar – 300 Kanals of land
- Flats in Delhi, Gurugram – A set of 20 flats,
in an upscale NRI complext. A flat in the DLF estate in Gurugram
- Factories in Srinagar – Owns a slew of companies in Ply Board manufacturing, Construction etc.
- Porchester Place, Westminster Council, London – A 23-storied building in Porchester Place, in Hyde Park neighborhood of London.
- Houses and Business interests in Dubai – Watali owns houses and a construction business, titled Trison International Commercial Brokers LIC in Dubai
- Property in Punjab and Jammu – With the help of an ex Director General of Police (DGP) Punjab, Watali may have bought property in Punjab, Jammu and New Delhi
- Business in UAE – NZ International, Azman UAE
A complete list of his properties is shown below:
As more details emerge, it will become more clear as to how many of the above are his own and how many he is holding as a Benami. Is this the tip of the iceberg? Are there more Watalis that are going to come out of the woods?
- Reserve Bank of India supersedes debt-ridden Anil Ambani’s Reliance Capital Board. Soon initiate insolvency proceedings - November 29, 2021
- Parliament repeals controversial farm laws in a controversial way without debate - November 29, 2021
- Aircel-Maxis scam: Special Court summons Chidambaram, son Karti and other accused after taking cognizance of CBI & ED chargesheets - November 27, 2021