There is a campaign “#DeskKeLiye” started by volunteers with an objective for better voter turn out during the 2019 General elections.
This campaign is taken up by a team of entrepreneurs and professionals. It is a Zero Budget, a volunteer-driven initiative wherein volunteers would spend time in a high impact work without any payment. They plan to target “2,50,000+ Direct connect with voters” 60,000+ direct & Indirect voter registrations”
The group which started with about 15 people is today more than 100, most of them who are below 35.
The objective or Mantra of this campaign is to ensure 100% eligible voters in the voter list and 100% voting. Bigger cities are seeing the biggest migration from across the country.
The rural-urban voting gap is increasing.
Below are the findings that suggest there is a huge difference in the voting percentage between Bangalore Urban and the rest of Karnataka, which is around 20%.
1. Not aware of the process or where/how to approach
2. Many misconceptions about Voter ID utility other than voting
3. Lethargy in urban voter or value of ONE VOTE
Their target groups are:
- CORPORATES: Big MNC’s in IT, Pharma, Textiles, Startups
- UNIVERSITIES: Thousands of new voters studying at multiple universities in Bengaluru.
- APARTMENTS:100 apartments in Bengaluru urban areas for voter registration & awareness.
- DIVYANG CAMPS: Camps at NGO’s like Samarthanam.org & MitraJyothi.org for voter registrations.
The team plans the following activities:
- Conversation Series: In an Exclusive series of interactive sessions where eminent personalities from various walks of governance explore a range of subjects.
- Know Your Candidate Series
• An interactive series between candidate & citizens
• Curated questions relevant for the LokSabha election.
• Citizens participation using registration
• Live Q&A, Social media chat for unanswered questions during the event
- Entrepreneurs Video Series on Governance, Jobs & GST: Entrepreneurs are talking about how governance is helping in their business & how many jobs they have created in the last 5 years.
The team has got over 60,000 new registrations so far and reached out to over 2.5 lakh people. An election pledge has also been designed by them asking people to verify names in the voter list, to avoid last minute disappointments. The pledge lists important dos and don’ts for the upcoming elections. All those who have taken the pledge have appreciated it and it is also serving as a reminder to all.
The success of Team DeshKeLiye is due to its volunteers. The group which started with about 15 people is today more than 100, most of them who are below 35.
Latest posts by Team PGurus (see all)
- ITAT ratifies the Income Tax fine of Rs.91 crores on Prannoy Roy & wife for illegal trade of NDTV’s shares - June 19, 2019
- CBI must interrogate crooked Prannoy Roy and his wife and ED must attach their properties - June 18, 2019
- Time has started ticking for crooked Prannoy Roy after SEBI Order forces him to leave NDTV - June 15, 2019