Kashmir students defy separatist diktats, write exams

Defying separatists students of Kashmir valley sat down to take their exams

Defying separatists students of Kashmir valley sat down to take their exams
Exams delayed due to unrest were held in the Kashmir valley
Battling against all odds,especially separatist sponsored bandh call, more than 30,000 Kashmiri children Monday took the first step towards normalisation in locked down Kashmir valley as they wrote their senior secondary school annual examination amid tight security arrangements.

The students were able to send a strong message to the separatist leaders that they would not allow them to dictate their personal agenda.

According to the shutdown calendar ‘Lal Chowk march’ was organised by the separatist leaders to fuel anger among the local residents. But on Monday around 32,000 students sat for their final exams across 484 centres across Kashmir division and defied separatist diktats.

The students were able to send a strong message to the separatist leaders that they would not allow them to dictate their personal agenda.

According to the authorities in Jammu and Kashmir State Board of School Education (JKBOSE), almost 95% students appeared in the examination amid tight security arrangements.

Important day for students

Before the students came out of their houses to reach their respective exam centre celebrated IAS topper from Kashmir Shah Faesal wrote on his social networking site, “It is a very important day for thousands of students from Kashmir Division who are appearing in their Board exams today. And here is an opportunity for all of us to do some good. Let’s offer a lift to all those kids who may not have a transport facility and stop our bikes and cars where ever we see a stranded student in school uniform or a hand going up. Together we shall conquer”.

Since first week of July 2016 these children could not enter their classrooms in the wake of unprecedented cycle of violence triggered in the aftermath of killing of Hizbul Mujahideen commander Burhan Wani.

Last month when the state govt headed by Mehbooba Mufti had taken the ‘unpopular’ decision of conducting board examinations as per the academic calendar parents had criticised the govt’s decision.

On Monday almost all the parents accompanied their children to their exam centre and waited patiently outside their school buildings in view of the prevailing law and order situation.

50 percent cut in syllabus announced

Since all educational institutions including schools have remained closed since July 9, JKBOSE had decided to allow a 50 per cent cut in the syllabus for those students willing to take the secondary exams.

Dozens of schools have been burnt by miscreants during the last two months.

SIT probing mysterious torching of school buildings

The Special Investigation Team (SIT) is carrying out comprehensive investigations in the case to unravel the mystery behind torching of government school buildings.

Out of 31964 students enrolled for appearing in the said examination 30213 students appeared in today’s paper.

Giving the details, the BOSE authorities said that in Srinagar out of 5741 students 5417 (96%) appeared in the examination.

Similarly, in Ganderbal out of 1259 students 1175 (94%) appeared, in Budgam out of 3484 students 3309 (98%) appeared, in Anantnag out of 4929 students 4740 (98%) appeared, in Kulgam out of 1483 students 1379 (93%) appeared, in Pulwama out of 2646 students 2506 (95%) appeared, in Shopian out of 1674 students 1568 (94%) appeared, in Bandipora out of 1404 students 1303 (94%) appeared, in Baramulla out of 4912 students 4603 (94%) appeared and in Kupwara out of 4322 students 4024 (96%) appeared.

No incidents of stone pelting after scrapping of 500/ 1000 rupee notes

Significantly, there has been no incidents of stone pelting in the Valley ever since Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the demonetisation decision on November 8.

“Earlier, there were rates of Rs.500 for stone pelting (on security forces in Kashmir) and Rs.1,000 for doing something else. The Prime Minister (PM)’s smart move has apparently brought terror funding to zero.”

“In the last few days after PM’s daring move there hasn’t been stone pelting on security forces. I congratulate PM for it,” Indian Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar said in New Delhi.

“Whether it’s border security or economic security, PM Modi has taken daring decisions,” he said, adding “whatever is being done, our jawans on border are doing it, I and PM are just supporting it.”

NO COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY