This is the sum total of what has happened during the last 24 hours in Sabarimala
- Mid-night swoop down on devotees on their way to the shrine
- Ayyappa devotee injured seriously as police trample him with boots
- Irumudy (the sacred offering to a deity) carried by devotees pulled and thrown into sewage by police officers
- Devotees who resisted by singing hymns and saranam recital were lathi-charged and pushed around.
- Devotee Rajesh who resisted police brutality was arrested, bundled into a police vehicle and sped away
- K P Sasikala, who was on her way to Sabarimala threatened and abused by cops.
- Section 144 declared around the holy shrine and in Pathanamthitta district.
- Union Minister K G Alphonse criticises Kerala Government and Police for selectively targeting Ayyappa devotees
- P C George MLA, a politician who is against BJP and RSS, comes out in the open and declares that the CPI-M government is attacking Hindu devotees to scare them away from Sabarimala.
- Basic services crippled in Sabarimala Shrine as BJP leader Sreedharan Pillai decries large-scale human right violation.
- Police declare recitation of Swamy Saranam and singing of hymns illegal in Kerala
- Big fall in the number of devotees arriving at Sabarimala.
- Nama Japa Yatra, the new style of protest by devotees.
- Devotees take out the procession to Chief Minister Vijayan’s bungalow at Thiruvananthapuram.
This is the sum total of what has happened during the last 24 hours in Sabarimala underscoring Team Pguru’s earlier reports that Kerala is no more a safe place for Hindus. Sunday night and early Monday morning saw police brutality of the worst kind perpetrated on Hindus and Lord Ayyappa devotees.
There has been a total breakdown in Kerala’s law and order as devotees undertook Nama Japa Ghoshayatra (rallies reciting hymns and Saranam) to all police stations in the State to protest against police highhandedness on pilgrims.
Even as the report is dispatched, the news is flowing in from various places of the State that devotees are undertaking demonstrations to Secretariat and other offices in Thiruvananthapuram and other places in the State.
- Infosys promises to rectify glitches in the new Income Tax portal within a week. Many demand revival of the old portal - June 23, 2021
- Yogi stands firm. Modi’s A K Sharma accommodated as Vice President in UP’s BJP unit - June 19, 2021
- Origins of SARS COVID-19: Unraveling the Whodunit mystery - June 18, 2021