Alleges P Chidambaram and his family have stashed away ₹35,000 crores($5.1 billion) of Black Money
[dropcap color=”#008040″ boxed=”yes” boxed_radius=”8px” class=”” id=””]D[/dropcap]r. Subramanian Swamy wrote a letter to Prime Minister Modi, praising the excellent investigative work done by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) as published in Daily Pioneer in unearthing the illegal empire of shell companies abroad and vast black money laundering by Mr. P. Chidambaram, former Finance Minister through his son Karthi Chidambaram.
He further went on to say that according to his estimates, Mr. P. Chidambaram and his family has amassed about ₹35,000 crores ($5.1 billion) in black money. His close relative Mr. A.C. Muthaiah, former BCCI President had laundered money for Ottavio Quattrocchi in the Bofors unsolved scam through A.E. Services.
“The purpose of this letter is to urge you to see that persons left embedded in the Finance Ministry and the CBI before Mr. Chidambaram demitting office, do not put road blocks on the further proceedings of the ED in taking this investigation to its finality i.e., prosecution in the CBI Special Court for Aircel Maxis Scam of Mr. Chidambaram,” he wrote.
“Due to the influence of Mr. P. Chidambaram’s surrogates in the CBI, the Agency has developed cold feet even after informing the Supreme Court which is monitoring the CBI actions in the Aircel Maxis Scam, that further investigation of Mr. P. Chidambaram under the Prevention of Corruption Act leading to the stage of filing of charge-sheet, would be taken expeditiously,” he alleged.
[dropcap color=”#008040″ boxed=”yes” boxed_radius=”8px” class=”” id=””]M[/dropcap]r. Chidambaram was interrogated by CBI on December 6, 2014, i.e. 1-1/2 years earlier, and yet no progress has taken place since then toward further interrogation/filing of charge-sheet. The Additional Director Mr. Ashok Tiwari who was the oversight in this case, and diligently doing his duty, was transferred to Himachal Pradesh in his parent Police cadre.
He urged the PM to direct setting up of a Special Investigation Team (SIT) under an officer immune to Chidambaram and such officer in Government take the Aircel Maxis Scam investigation to its logical end.
A copy of the letter is shown below:
1. The conversion rate used in this article is 1 USD = 68.26 Rupees.
2. Text in Blue points to additional data on the topic.
- Assam’s NRC Coordinator approaches Supreme Court for comprehensive re-verification of Register. Says found fundamental and serious errors - May 13, 2021
- Nepal Prime Minister Oli loses vote of confidence in House of Representatives. Rebel Communists, Maoists and Congress unite to vote out Oli - May 10, 2021
- India does not need lectures about vaccine supplies: France President Emmanuel Macron. European Union appreciates India’s ‘Vaccine Maitri’ - May 9, 2021