Note: A thorough scientific analysis, apart from being published in peer-reviewed science journals (provided propagandist vested interests do not block it), is now being hosted at TheRationalHindu.com and Dr Premendra Priyadarshi’s blog.
It is unethical in science to deliberately “leak” scientific research before it is peer-reviewed and published. This is the bare minimum standard to follow, especially if a subject is sensitive or controversial. The appearance of pre-print (open peer-review) platforms has indeed made this tricky. That is understandable and unavoidable. However, if the research is neither in a pre-print server, openly for the public to access, nor has been peer-reviewed and published, it is almost always against the science journals’ policy to go to the press before they themselves publish it and/ or publicise it say via a press release or cover article. This is called “embargo” and is almost always a universal practice in science publishing. Yet the so-called reputed science journal called “Science” appears to be encouraging this unethical practice deliberately. Why?
Now, coming to the more serious matter the author has been provided with evidence from some international scientists and professionals that the journal (Science) is refusing to publish corrections to errors in analysis and conclusions in the field of South Asian population genetics recently published in the journal, in an appropriate format and mode. This is nothing short of scandalous. The exposé will come out soon as more data on the scandal is sent to the author from the said scientists and professionals.
Next, coming to a review of the evidence in the “science” (scam) covered in India Today, Outlook, etc. please note:
- This author has already shown from the research cited by the above scamsters R1a or R1 is not present in the early Steppe population, Steppe_EMBA samples. Then how is R1a an “Aryan gene,” or a Steppe-marker? Is there no limit to their fraud? (1)
- One sample is “not” representative of a huge population of a civilisation that spread from present-day Iran to at least the present-day western Uttar Pradesh. It is a statistical fraud to claim otherwise. (2)
- If Shinde is not a geneticist and just an archaeologist, and thus cannot comment on the physical features of the people based on skeletal evidence (well this is what forensic scientists do; it is fine if they did it but not an archaeologist?), who is David Reich? He is a sociologist, not even a scientist, who was suddenly promoted as a geneticist and given a prestigious “independent” lab in the Harvard Medical School? Who is behind such a lowly shameless scam? (3)
- How come the Andamanese genetic component (Onge), separated from the rest of the world, and Indians in particular, about 45,000 years ago appear in large proportions in the Steppe population and other Eurasian populations? Did the Steppe population take a Pushpak Viman from the dry cold desert Steppe grassland, go to holiday in the Andaman islands, have sex and returned to the Steppe and deliver babies there? What nonsense is this? (4, 5)
The Science journal and its Indian sepoy needs to be warned of severe legal consequences if such unethical behaviour will continue and legally arguable frauds are committed.
1. The views expressed here are those of the author and do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of PGurus.
2. Many thanks to Smt Vijaya Viswanathan for suggesting the title.
- Murali KV (2018) Early Steppe vs Middle to Late Steppe Early Steppe population does not have the Y-chromosome marker that is present in a large proportion of Indians even today. PGurus.com. Available at: https://www.pgurus.com/early-steppe-vs-middle-to-late-steppe/.
- Murali KV (2018) Aryan-Dravidian myth: how “92 top scientists and researchers from around the world” bungled up even the most basic arithmetics. PGurus. Available at: https://www.pgurus.com/aryan-dravidian-myth-how-92-top-scientists-and-researchers-from-around-the-world-bungled-up-even-the-most-basic-arithmetics/ [Accessed August 9, 2018].
- Friese K 4500-year-old DNA from Rakhigarhi reveals evidence that will unsettle Hindutva nationalists. India Today. Available at: https://www.indiatoday.in/magazine/cover-story/story/20180910-rakhigarhi-dna-study-findings-indus-valley-civilisation-1327247-2018-08-31 [Accessed September 1, 2018].
- Priyadarshi P (2018) A preliminary critical appraisal of Narasimhan et al 2018 bioRxiv. The Rational Hindu. Available at: https://therationalhindu.com/a-critical-appraisal-of-narasimhan-et-al-2018-biorxiv-a1099ef0e289 [Accessed September 1, 2018].
- Priyadarshi P (2018) La Genetique Scandale – The Rational Hindu. The Rational Hindu. Available at: https://therationalhindu.com/la-genetique-scandale-da381fc037ec [Accessed September 1, 2018].
into social sciences.
Latest posts by Murali KV (see all)
- Priyanka Vadra continues the illegal abuse of Gandhi’s name and legacy - March 19, 2019
- Is secularism the other side of genocide and is it thus unconstitutional? - November 10, 2018
- Is Yogi’s government inadvertently putting the Kumbh Mela at subversive risk by Breaking India forces at Harvard et al? - October 17, 2018