Delusionally, he still believes that his cricketing achievements would be enough to have all doors opened for him
J&K is burning, you claim. People are under siege, the Indian Army is running amuck! When one actually shows photographs and videos of life being as normal as possible, one is told these are all fake and photo ops! Fair enough. After all, Indians are very devious and publicity crazy people.
Sindh is burning, Karachi is burning, people are sick of “Handsome” and his mismanagement in Pakistan claims India. Immediately, you hear “nothing is happening here. There is no Baloch movement, no problems in Karachi nor Sindh. It’s all a figment of Indian imagination”. Of course, it is! Indians are not only the most devious people, they’re also the most conniving people who have nothing else to do but build stories about a failed state whose entire annual budget is a little less than the IPL budget for the year!!!!
When an armed services officer talks in the media, it’s more out of knowledge than out of any obligation to the RAW. The RAW would not want to change that equation, whatever the neighbours may think.
The Prime Minister of your country has to come back to earth! It’s not the 70s, 80s nor the initial part of the 90s. Expectations have to be tempered with reality! He was a good fast bowler, but there were better bowlers at the time; the formidable West Indies had 4 of them, Australia had a few of them, England had one or two themselves; for cryin’ out loud, India too had a couple of them. If he expected people to relive the 70s-90s and give him the adulation he thought he deserved, he was in for a dose of reality! Over time, one’s looks fail, as it did with this person! People tend to associate more with today’s stars than previous years “has-beens”. The current generation doesn’t know, nor cares, who he was. Today’s generation wants heroes they can identify with, not someone who is still reliving his glory days from a few decades ago!!!
And so it comes to be that this person feels like he’s being mocked, humiliated and ignored by the people who were expected to treat him as Royalty! He, after all, was a legend (in his country maybe, but that didn’t stop him from believing this was true the world over) and deserved better than what he was getting. Those failed expectations, along with the political reality that is today’s Pakistan, have made this person a very bitter and very delusional leader. Delusional because he still believes that his cricketing achievements would be enough to have all doors opened for him. After all, he did win the World Cup in 1992. So what if India had won the very same tournament 9 years earlier? Difficult for a person to believe that what was once described as a legendary career was now no longer remembered.
Having laid out the ground reality, let’s talk about some of the misconceptions that need straightening out:
- The United Nations has never said Jammu & Kashmir belongs to Pakistan. The UN diktat specifically states the following (in that order):
- Pakistan will move all its armed forces out of occupied Kashmir.
- India will maintain forces to allow the maintenance of law and order in the area.
- ONLY after the first two are complied with to the satisfaction of the UN, will a plebiscite be held.
Most people from your country are either ignorant of these stipulations or choose to ignore them. You’d rather focus on the 3rd stipulation and nothing else. Till such time that you realize, and comply with, the UN’s stipulations in their entirety, you will always be guilty of distorting history.
- The Financial Action Task Force (FATF) is not an organization that is controlled by any single country. Contrary to what your media reports, neither the USA nor India hold sway over the FATF’s actions. The actions, from the past, have come to haunt your country; actions that could have been taken care of in the past but were not. Case in point, an inhabitant, a notorious one at that, of Abbottabad, was protected while the country bilked billions from the US of A. To then claim that the USA had violated Pakistan when the USA sent in forces to neutralize that inhabitant, showed how underhanded the country wanted to play. The claim that your country has been a victim of terrorism, sponsored by India, has been ridiculed ever since this inhabitant was found in Abbottabad.
- Not all retired army officers go on to work for the RAW (Research and Analysis Wing), unlike the neighbour’s army officers. India has an army of about 1.1 million currently. I reckon they have about 300,000 living retired officers (I am grossly understating the numbers) and, can safely say that these retired officers do NOT work as undercover officers for the RAW. A majority of them are enjoying their retirement and have absolutely NO NEED to think about the neighbouring country. They did enough of that when they were active service personnel. When an armed services officer talks in the media, it’s more out of knowledge than out of any obligation to the RAW. The RAW would not want to change that equation, whatever the neighbours may think.
- Indian media outlets, especially the printed media, are often quoted by the neighbour’s media outlets. While most Indians would agree that the Indian media are never trustworthy and have their own allegiances, to come out and make ridiculous statements (one person claimed an outlet had printed that India was sponsoring terror activities in Pakistan and would continue to do so) shows the depths to which your media has fallen. It has to be disconcerting for these media personnel, from your country, to have to contend with reading English publications and then grasping what was written. Again, since it is print media, neither the tone nor the intent (sarcasm, humour or straight talk) is obvious and as a result, these outlets are perplexed.
- The Rashtriya Swayam Sevak (RSS) that Pakistan seems to know nothing about, and yet claims to know everything about, is probably the one organization that is enjoying free worldwide publicity. Within India, the RSS is known, even among minorities, to help in situations where people are affected by natural calamities, disasters and terror attacks. When asked to name one incident where the RSS was involved in terror attacks, your media name Godhra (not an RSS attack but hey, who cares about truth) and M K Gandhi’s assassination (again, not an RSS orchestrated attack). If these are the ONLY examples that your media personnel can come up with, we then have to question the veracity of this country’s media.
- Coming back to Kashmir, when was the last time people in that beautiful state breathed fresh air, without having to worry about their lives? Can’t remember, can you? It was before you and I were born. Today, most of them (MOST) are able to walk, drive, ride to the universities, colleges, schools or where ever they wish to. This, without having to worry about, you got it, their lives!! Think about this: People in POK (Pakistan Occupied Kashmir) want to be a part of the development happening in J&K. Does that really speak volumes about the state of affairs in PoK? You can bet your life on that! When the claim was to have an independent Kashmir, with a Prime Minister, why is that being occupied by Pakistan? Do we then have the likes of RaGa (Rahul Gandhi) who want 370/ 35A to be brought back? Why? Not that it will ever (EVER) be brought back, but just for my own sanity, can someone explain to me why this genius wants those legislations back?
- India is blamed for the economic problems in your country. Let’s try to understand this. Any country, worth its salt, pads itself during good days so that the people feel minimal economic pressure during the bad days. When a country’s economy depends on other countries giving grants and loans, how does that country survive? It has to kiss up to economic giants like the USA, France, Germany, Great Britain or Japan! Or it could look at the oil-rich countries, the people who Pakistan calls “Biradari Mulk”. Those “Biradari Mulks” have abandoned Pakistan! Again, that’s not “India ki Saazish”, as your media claims, but your own foolishness!
- Foreign relations are usually decided on mutual respect between two countries. When a country’s economy is dependent on foreign loans, policies are completely dependent on who is giving them loans at any given time. Pakistan’s earlier godfather was the USA, then it was the countries in the Middle East and now China. Over the past 40 years, India’s dependence on external agencies has reduced, although we did put our gold up for money, during the Manmohan Singh era. When NaMo (Narendra Modi) took over, his first steps were to get rid of any economic dependence India had, on foreign powers. With the way the Indian economy is rising, even during these telling times, that was probably the best move!
With all this in mind, one has to wonder whether Narendra Modi was right when he said, “Pakistan ko chodo. Woh apni mout marega”!
जय श्रीराम। जय सीयाराम। उत्तिष्ठ भारत। जय माँ भारती
God Bless the USA.
1. The views expressed here are those of the author and do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of PGurus.
- My Letter Series: Dear Didi, Hindu Lives In Nandigram Are Cheap - May 8, 2021
- My Letter Series – Dear Media, Looking Weak Again; No, Not Far West But At India’s Neighbor - May 5, 2021
- My Letter Series – Dear Indians, They Tried Their Darndest, But The Legend Of Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Raj Guru Still Lives On - April 27, 2021