“T S V Hari attained the abode of Shiva on June 1, 2017. This was the last piece he did for PGurus. Our pranams to his atma”
P Chidambaram’s loud silence with regard to the DNA and fingerprint report to conclusively prove the slaying of Prabhakaran leaves several unanswered questions.
One of them:
Why is the Harvard don of the Congress insisting on dodging the issue of the conclusive evidence with regard to the killing of Prabhakaran – the very man who had ordered the murder of Rajiv Gandhi?
Rather curiously, the report from the Government of Sri Lanka cited in the earlier episode does not say anything about a DNA fingerprint report.
Obviously, if the Lankan regime had given foolproof evidence of Prabhakaran’s death, the Government of India needn’t have asked for more documentary evidence of Prabhakaran’s death.
Prabhakaran’s parents were in Sri Lanka, within the reach of the Rajapaksa regime at the time of Prabhakaran’s killing. 
The telling questions:
- If the CBI had presented Chidambaram with a report saying that Prabhakaran was killed in action, who was the author of that report?
- What did it exactly say?
- What evidence was presented in support of the report, if such a report exists?
- If the evidence had indeed been provided, why was such evidence not tabled in India’s parliament?
There are no indications of such evidence being provided to India’s parliament.
The Congress, the DMK [which supported and continues to hail the LTTE that killed Rajiv Gandhi] had a hate-hate relationship.
The Congress had pulled down the IK Gujral UF regime on November 28, 1998, over the issue concerning the role of the Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam in the assassination of Rajiv Gandhi. Operative excerpts from the New York Times dated November 29, 1997, authored by John F Burns:
A judicial report published earlier this month linked the group to the assassination in May 1991 of Rajiv Gandhi, a former Prime Minister who was campaigning as Congress Party leader when he was killed at rally in a small town in the southern state of Tamil Nadu.
A report by M. C. Jain, a judge appointed to investigate the killing, said the Dravida Progressive Party and its leader, Muthuvelar Karunanidhi, were complicit in the Gandhi killing because of the group’s policy of “assisting and encouraging”’ the Sri Lankan rebels. The party governed the state of Tamil Nadu at the time.
- Would the Congress party now ask one of its own leaders – Palaniappan Chidambaram to reveal as to what actually happened to Prabhakaran in the light of his having termed the terrorist – the monarch of Tamil Eelam and a person not inimical to India?
- NDTV played a minor, but important role in the matter by first allowing Chidambaram to use its platform for canvassing support for Prabhakaran and then allowing the same Chidambaram to author the cover-up of the actual fate of Prabhakaran. Would the Government of India, look into the issue and ask some tough questions to the likes of Barkha Dutt and others to reveal their nexus with Chidambaram?
The original question asked at the start of this article:
Is P Chidambaram posthumously betraying former and late PM Rajiv Gandhi and shaking the very foundations of the Indian National Congress to which he belongs?
Veluppillai Prabhakaran’s father Thiruvengadam Veluppillai breathed his last on January 6th  night. The 86 year old retired government servant’s birthday was on January 10th.
The octogenarian hailing from the northern coastal town of Valvettithurai (VVT) and his wife Parvathiamma were staying in a chalet within the precincts of the Army cantonment at Panagoda.
The Velupillai’s along with Erambu, mother of their daughter-in-law Mathivathani, had been detained at Panagoda since July last year. The authorities say that all three were under protective custody.
1. Text in Blue points to additional data on the topic.
2. The views expressed here are those of the author and do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of PGurus.
- Hidden side of Asprusyata – The untold story - May 4, 2020
- P-3: Chidambaram betrays ex-PM Rajiv Gandhi posthumously? - June 7, 2017
- P-2 : Chidambaram betrays ex-PM Rajiv Gandhi posthumously? - June 4, 2017