Has the craze for power become so strong that BJP is willing to be its very antithesis? I guess these are points to ponder.
1. Mananiya Shri Naresh Agarwalji of the Samajwadi Party, who talked of Vishnu and whisky, Rum and Ram…, is today an honourable member of the Bharatiya Janata Party. He was welcomed with open arms at the party H.Q. in New Delhi. His services will be used to build the Ram temple, I guess.
2. Narayan Rane is now an honourable BJP member of the Rajya Sabha. His services will be used to combat corruption, I guess.
3. BJP legislator Prashant Paricharak of Solapur wondered how army men’s wives became pregnant when their husbands were guarding the border and had not come home for a year. He was briefly suspended and firmly taken back into the BJP’s fold last week. I guess he will be included in the cabinet soon even though he had cast aspersions on the character of all army men’s wives.
4. Defence minister Nirmala Sitharaman acquiesced in the filing of murder FIR against the army in Shopian in Kashmir because three anti-national stone-pelters were shot dead by the men in uniform in self-defence. The father of one of the accused officer is awaiting justice from the Supreme Court. I guess that’s how Ms Sitharaman wants things to be.
CM Phadnavis does not condescend to meet hungry farmers who walked from Nashik district to Mumbai to meet the CM.
5. BJP confers the highest civilian honour, Padma Vibhushan, on Sharad Pawar in recognition of his deep commitment to clean public life, I guess.
6. A first cousin of CM Phadnavis threatens to sodomise a Dalit lawyer of Nagpur. He says that the BJP will be re-elected in 2019 and after that, the lawyer will face arrests, kidnapped by the cops and worse.
7. Thousands of hungry farmers walk 180 kms for five days from Nashik district to Mumbai under scorching heat to meet CM Phadnavis. They assemble at Mumbai’s Azad Maidan. But the CM does not condescend to meet them. Instead sends a minister. But he has time to dance in a video film made by a private player.
Is this the ‘party with a difference’ that the BJP prided itself to be? Has the craze for power become so strong that the party is willing to be its very antithesis? I guess these are points to ponder.
1. The views expressed here are those of the author and do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of PGurus.
- Indo-U.S. Defence Treaty: Need of the hour - June 22, 2020
- Major Setback for Uddhav - June 2, 2020
- Cornered during COVID - May 27, 2020
Millions of party members of BJP would strongly condemn and disapprove the decision to allow Naresh Agrwal to become member of the party like BJP. This would be the black day in the history of the party. We million’s of karyakartas appeal the mentor of of BJP ‘RSS’ to rectify the utterly wrong decision. Agrawal initiation is desrespect to Dindayalji, Atalji, Shyamaprasadji and insult to Idology. How can party fall so low for power. A moral bankruptcy as already said ‘Power corrupts and complete power corrupts completely. What marg darsak manual of BJP doing? Has no one course to say wrong is wrong.
The most embarrassing is seeing Piyush Goel welcoming Naresh Agarwal in today’s newspaper. The same Piyush Goel who was highly appreciated by this author in an article yesterday. Nothing against Piyush Goel, but it is disappointing that he has to welcome a person like Naresh Agarwal. What ever may be the compulsions, this Naresh Agarwal should never be given any important position or responsibility other wise it would be more damaging for BJP. He should be sidelined for ever. He only has negatives for BJP.