
Bhagwant Mann rejects paper leak claims amid Opposition attack
The resignation of former Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan over the NEET paper leak has reignited the political debate over examination irregularities, with Punjab emerging as the latest flashpoint.
The BJP and several Opposition parties have accused the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) government of presiding over multiple paper leaks in the state, demanding the resignation of Punjab Education Minister Harjot Singh Bains. The AAP government, however, has rejected the allegations, insisting that no competitive examination paper has been leaked during its tenure.
BJP cites Pradhan’s resignation to target AAP
Referring to Dharmendra Pradhan’s resignation, BJP spokesperson Shehzad Poonawalla said the former Union minister had demonstrated accountability by stepping down.
“Dharmendra Pradhan has already resigned. He demonstrated the highest standards of accountability and morality,” Poonawalla said.
He alleged that six to seven paper leaks had occurred in Punjab under the AAP government and questioned why similar accountability had not been shown by the state leadership. Poonawalla also criticised Punjab Education Minister Harjot Singh Bains over the issue.
Opposition steps up pressure
Former Union minister Ravneet Singh Bittu also demanded Harjot Singh Bains’ resignation, alleging irregularities in recruitment examinations.
The Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) echoed the demand, claiming there had been six paper leaks in Punjab, including the Punjab Teacher Eligibility Test, the Class 12 English examination and the pharmacy officer recruitment test.
Punjab Congress president Amrinder Singh Raja Warring, Delhi Cabinet Minister Manjinder Singh Sirsa and Haryana Chief Minister Nayab Singh Saini have also sought action over the alleged examination irregularities.
Bhagwant Mann rejects paper leak claims
Responding to the allegations, Punjab Chief Minister Bhagwant Mann denied that any competitive examination paper had been leaked during the AAP government’s four-and-a-half years in office.
Addressing an event to honour students who cleared the NEET-UG re-examination, Mann acknowledged that cheating was detected at two examination centres but maintained that it did not amount to a paper leak.
He said an inter-state cheating racket using Bluetooth-enabled devices to transmit answers had been busted, adding that those involved, including people charging candidates ₹3–5 lakh, had been arrested.
According to Mann, 21 people have been arrested so far in connection with the case.
For all the latest updates, download PGurus App.
- Trump’s Hormuz ultimatum: ‘We’ll bomb the s*** out of Oman’ if it gets in the way - August 17, 2026
- UP ATS arrests Bihar man over alleged JeM links, probe uncovers Pakistan funding trail - August 17, 2026
- ISI-backed Shahzad Bhatti terror network busted ahead of I-Day; 253 detained across 14 states - August 17, 2026









