Keeping his word, BJP leader Subramanian Swamy on Thursday filed a petition in Delhi High Court seeking a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) led Special Team to probe into the mysterious death of Sunanda Tharoor, the wife of Congress MP Shashi Tharoor. In his detailed petition Swamy and co-petitioner Advocate, Ishkaran Bhinadari detailed a series of lapses, destruction of evidence and ignoring the findings of India’s premier medical organization, All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) by certain pliable officers in the Delhi Police.
…the murder of Sunanda involves many aspects including Indian Premier League (IPL), Money Laundering and betting racket including international criminals…
Pointing fingers at Shashi Tharoor, Swamy produced several emails written by the Congress MP to AIIMS doctors during the postmortem report preparation days in the last weeks of January 2014. Swamy also blamed Congress leader, the then Health Minister Gulam Nabi Azad for putting pressure on AIIMS doctor Sudhir Gupta to report the death as a natural one.
“The HOD (Head of the Department) of the Forensic Department was under a tremendous pressure of Director of AIIMS, Dr. Tharoor and Gulam Nabi Azad to give autopsy report as natural death and clean chit as communicated by Dr. Gupta,” said the petition.
Swamy detailed various lapses from Delhi Police side. He also produced reports of AIIMS and FBI, which clearly says death was due to poisoning and collapsing Shashi Tharoor’s false claims on wife’s diseases and illness in the past.
“That inordinate delay and deliberate attempts made by Dr. Tharoor to mislead the investigation in the matter can be made more clear from the list of events above mentioned as it indicates that:
- Phone of the deceased was handed over to Tharoor on the same day without prior investigation,
- Many data and dates in the phones were found deleted after seizure by police team,
- Body of the deceased was cremated within 24 hrs,
- CCTV Footage of the main porch of Hotel Leela for relevant time is missing,
- Sufficient input was not given to the medical board by the IO required to form a medical opinion.,
- The photographs of scene of occurrence have not been submitted by Investigating Officer,”
said the petition detailing the faults in the Delhi Police probe.
Swamy also said that as the murder of Sunanda involves many aspects including Indian Premier League (IPL), Money Laundering and betting racket including international criminals, agencies like Enforcement Directorate and RAW should also be part of the SIT headed by CBI.
- US to issue more visas to Indian students - June 7, 2023
- Akhand Bharat map in new Indian Parliament irk neigbours. India says it is cultural map of Ashoka empire - June 7, 2023
- Indian Navy warship to participate in event to mark 130 years of Gandhi’s railway station incident in South Africa - June 7, 2023
It appears that only Mr. Swamy is interested in the case, neither the government nor the judiciary want to take any note of the happening i.e. a lady is murdered in broad day light in a 5* hotel & there is NO evidence !!! Mr. Swamy is the true crusader.
A nation which does not respect women is doomed, her curse will be long lasting.
At times, feel India is a failed & banana republic where everything can be manipulated.