[dropcap color=”#008040″ boxed=”yes” boxed_radius=”8px” class=”” id=””]S[/dropcap]everal arrests were made on Saturday as Belgium police raided many areas in Molenbeek district here linked to the deadly terror attack in Paris, local media reported. According to the BBC, Three teams carried out the attacks in the French capital which killed 129 people and left more than 350 wounded, the Paris chief prosecutor says. Of the wounded at least 99 are in very critical condition.
Two cars used by the terrorists in the attack bears Belgian number plates, said Belgian TV channel RTL. Noted Security Analyst Charlie Winters said after monitoring the Social Media channels of known ISIS sympathizers that the attack was indeed carried by ISIS. The planning was meticulous, involving several people (who are still being tracked down) and the choice of targets was carefully done to exert maximum damage.
At least 127 people were killed as eight terrorists armed with automatics and in suicide vests unleashed Mumbai-style mayhem in six crowded parts of Paris on Friday night. Out of the 8 attackers who died, 7 were suicide bombers.
[dropcap color=”#008040″ boxed=”yes” boxed_radius=”8px” class=”” id=””]F[/dropcap]rench President Francois Hollande imposed a state of emergency after the worst peacetime attack in France since World War Two. It is also the deadliest in Europe since the 2004 Madrid bombings.
1. Some of the content is used from IANS.
2. Text in blue refers to a hyperlink which provides additional information in a new window or tab.
- Aircel-Maxis scam: Special Court summons Chidambaram, son Karti and other accused after taking cognizance of CBI & ED chargesheets - November 27, 2021
- Chief Justice of India N V Ramana urges to protect the judicial institutions from motivated and targeted attacks - November 26, 2021
- Indo-Russia Annual Summit on December 6 at Delhi - November 26, 2021