Rumor mill was on overdrive that a gang is operating for organ harvesting
The cold-blooded murder by mob lynching in Kasa, Palghar of 3 people – 2 Sadhus & their driver who were on their way to bring back the dead body of their Guru Sadhu from Surat was despicable. Especially when a lockdown is on and an emergency-like situation prevails across the country. These innocent people decided to travel without any permission after local police Samta Nagar, Kandivali East, Mumbai refused travel permits. Interstate travel permit was refused and it takes a longer time to process and many documentation procedure policies are still unclear for lockdown conditions.
With the lockdown in place, there was a lot of resentment among the people. The tribal belt group gets easily carried away. There were rumors spread that a gang is operating for organ harvesting and hence were kidnapping people. This may have been the trigger.
Over-all the tribals are peaceful and are getting into the mainstream of society. Recall the same was witnessed 10 yrs ago in Kandhamal Orissa.
A week ago, a doctor from Thane who was helping a tribal with free supply provisions and foodstuff assisted in medical requirement was attacked. Somehow he managed to escape but his vehicle was overturned and badly damaged.
A few pockets in this tribal belt are a hotbed of Naxal elements. Kasa police station, Gadchinchale village area where this incident took place is a known communist Naxal Red Flag zone. This locality has seen protests, demonstrations, and violent activities in the past. In this case, it seems the local mobs were instigated and provoked by Naxal elements operating in the area for their benefit.
Missionaries make full use of Naxals to spread vandalism, extortion threats, forcible looting to keep the upper hand in the tribal belt in religious conversion activity. In recent times missionaries were losing ground with Hindu organizations working in this tribal belt and there was much Ghar-Wapsi happening around.
With the COVID-19 pandemic, many Hindu organizations jumped in to provide helpful assistance in charity work in the tribal areas. Missionaries were desperate to start a false narrative, that Bhagwa clad people will come to rob and kidnap, etc. Hate was created within the society against/ targetting certain community people. The attack could be related to that. Unholy nexus among Naxals Red Flag and missionary in few pockets is core to the disturbance in the tribal belt. Overall the tribals are peaceful and getting into the mainstream of society. Recall the same was witnessed 10 yrs ago in Kandhamal Orissa. The presence of mischievous political leaders connected to one of the ruling party and communal group involvement can’t be ruled out and is a matter of investigation.
Maharashtra Government swings into action thereafter gruesome murder and arrested 110 people out of which 9 are juvenile.
In last, 6 yrs much-required work was not done by govt in the area, apart from creating a new district Palghar. A lot more work required to be undertaken in this vast vicinity, where religious conversion takes place with money, force, false narrative and dramatized staged program.
Maharashtra Government swung into action after the gruesome murder and arrested 110 people out of which 9 are juvenile. All been sent to judicial custody and juvenile homes. 2 police personnel of Kasa police station also suspended for there for inaction.
Maharashtra Government should be answerable to the serious police dept lapses and local administration failure. The demand from Maharashtra Government and anticipating strong measures from Hon CM Maharashtra Shri Udhav Thackeray on Palghar lynching of 3 innocent people:
- Demand Judiciary inquiry or CMO should order an impartial CBI probe.
- Compensation to the driver who died in the incident was working as a driver in a private company in Thakur Complex, Kandivali East, Mumbai. He volunteered to drive the 2 Sadhus to attend/bring back there Guru Sadhus funeral/dead body from the outskirt of Surat, Gujarat border. Solo bread earner of the family with 2 small daughters. His father passed away 6 months ago.
- Police were just eye witness to the heinous crime and stood as bystanders, instead of helping the victims who were butchered by the anti-social mob. Total failure of the local police in handling such a crime. Repeats of such cases of attacks in the area. Police should have taken adequate precautions.
- After the incident, the administration was lukewarm and hardly made attempts to help those seeking dead bodies. No proper procedure followed in preserving the dead bodies in Mortuary, not kept in freezer cold storage. the driver’s body was handed over in the decomposed state, Inhuman treatment. Local administration failed to provide basic amenity should also be examined probed.
- Those who went to get those dead bodies were treated rudely badly and threatened action against them.
- Fast Track punishment for culprits anti-social elements who indulged in violent cold-blooded murder.
- Justice should prevail. Deceased must should get justice.
- Also, damages & compensation as police and state administration failed in its duty.
Instead of blaming one another State, Center, Local and past govt effort should be made to prevent such incidents to enhance the system and guilty booked punished and justice prevail.
1. The views expressed here are those of the author and do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of PGurus.
- PV Narasimha Rao – PM 1991-96 modern India’s forgotten Hero - July 25, 2020
- Will the Hindu Samaj Sadhus get justice? Time for Delhi to intervene - July 16, 2020
- US-Taliban Accord in Afghanistan… India erred - May 22, 2020