BJP leader Subramanian Swamy filed a complaint with the Union Home Ministry against Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi for secretly keeping a British citizenship. In the complaint addressed to Home Minister Rajnath Singh, Swamy produced documents of Company Register in the United Kingdom about the company called Backops Limited, floated by Rahul Gandhi. In these documents, Rahul Gandhi has declared himself as a British citizen, said Swamy producing the documents of Rahul Gandhi’s company floated in London.
Swamy produced documents of Rahul’s company showing on many occasions declaring himself as a British citizen with two London addresses.
“I am enclosing this with letter some authenticated documents regarding the registration in 2003 and dissolution in 2009 of a Private Limited company in United Kingdom with an address located in London. The name of the company is BACKOPS LIMITED and Director and Secretary of this company were Mr. Rahul Gandhi, presently Lok Sabha MP. The incorporation papers of this company No: 4874597 was filed with Registrar of Companies England and Wales on August 21, 2003, and the dissolution was on February 17, 2009.
“As you can see from the company Annual Return (on Page 6 bottom of the enclosed document) that Mr. Rahul Gandhi has given his date of birth correctly but has declared himself to be of British nationality with a United Kingdom address at 51 Southgate Street, Winchester, Hampshire SO23 9EH,” said Swamy asking Home Ministry probe on Rahul Gandhi’s secret citizenship and cancel his Indian citizenship and Lok Sabha Membership for violating laws.
Swamy produced documents of Rahul’s company showing on many occasions declaring himself as a British citizen with two London addresses. “Finally in the dissolution application in 2009 as well, Mr. Rahul Gandhi states that his nationality is British as on the date he was appointed as Director of the said company,” said Swamy.
“This is, prima facie, a violation of the law and the Constitutional position in the country as stated below:
- As per Article 9 of the Indian Constitution, every citizen of India is barred from voluntarily acquiring citizenship of any foreign State. While the United Kingdom permits Dual Citizenship, India emphatically does not. Article 18 prohibits an Indian citizen from accepting even foreign titles. Hence Mr. Rahul Gandhi has, prima facie, committed an unconstitutional act and therefore liable to be stripped of his citizenship and membership of the Lok Sabha.
- No Member of Parliament can incorporate a company abroad without prior permission under the existing laws and without declaring the same in his nomination form as candidate for election to Parliament.
Hence In urge you to treat this matter with great urgency and immediately take necessary steps to see if this prima facie evidence is rebuttable, and if not, order that Mr. Rahul Gandhi be stripped of his citizenship, and his membership of the Lok Sabha, forthwith,” said Swamy.
The BJP leader in November 2015 had brought this issue before Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan and she had ordered Ethics Committee to probe on the matter. The Ethics Committee headed by LK Advani had sought a response from Rahul Gandhi. In his Rahul’s reply, he never explained why he has declared himself as a British citizen and made evasive replies that none can doubt his Indian origin.
Now Swamy himself became petitioner to Home Ministry, the custodian of Citizenship related issues. The detailed complaint and documents produced by Swamy demanding Rahul Gandhi’s secret British citizenship are published below:
- India’s High Commission urges Canadian authorities to take action against the disrespectful depiction of Goddess Kaali - July 4, 2022
- Consumer Protection Authority bars hotels and restaurants from levying service charges - July 4, 2022
- Dr. Swamy files a complaint to Tamil Nadu Governor seeking Sanction to Prosecute against DMK leader urged for the genocide of Tamil Brahmins - June 30, 2022