What could be reason for Rahul Gandhi to start a company in 2003 and then close it a few years later in 2009? Why did he go to such great lengths to establish one (or more) residences in the United Kingdom, to the extent of claiming British Nationality? If you read his Wikipedia page, it says that he completed his M Phil from Trinity College, Cambridge in 1995 and then worked at The Monitor Group, a Boston, Massachussetts based Management Consulting firm, which itself went bankrupt in November 2012. It is not mentioned as to how long he worked there.
He started a Mumbai based company on May 27, 2002 with the objective of providing back office and advisory support services. The name of the Indian company? Backops Services Pvt. Ltd.
A few months pass by and Backops Limited is started in the UK, by Rahul Gandhi on August 21, 2003. Note that most of the income of the Indian company has been in the form of foreign exchange, which was not properly reported, according to Dr. Subramanian Swamy. Also, the company failed to report the appointment of an American national as a Director. The name? Ulrik R McKnight.
So the two individuals who are Directors in both “Backops” companies are the same. It is not clear as to what business Backops Limited conducted in the UK, but it was closed in 2009.
When the new revelations about Rahul Gandhi declaring himself as a British National in the Annual returns, the Congress Party brushed them off, saying that the Certificate of Incorporation of the company in 2003 states that Rahul Gandhi was a citizen of India. The Party spokesperson Randeep Surjewala while speaking to NDTV did not furnish additional details of what the company did or an explanation of RaGa’s nationality in the Annual filings of the company.
Back to the original question – why did Rahul Gandhi start Backops Limited? Congress should answer the following list of questions to clear the air:
- What was the purpose for which Backops Limited was started?
- Why was the company closed in 2009?
- Since the Directors in both “Backops” were the same, what was the relationship between the two companies?
- Annual returns were filed electronically by Backops (or their appointed entity). The nationality of the other director, Ulrik R McKnight is entered correctly. So why would Rahul Gandhi’s nationality alone be entered incorrectly, that too by its own personnel?
- We are showing below a copy of the first two pages of the Annual returns of Backops Limited for 2004, in which the Nationality of Rahul Gandhi has been hand corrected to Indian in Page 2. His British nationality is revealed in the Annual returns for the year 2005 onwards.
- ED raids Chinese smartphone maker and ex-IPL cricket sponsor Vivo & its linked firms - July 5, 2022
- Twitter India to challenge Government’s new directions in High Court - July 5, 2022
- India’s High Commission urges Canadian authorities to take action against the disrespectful depiction of Goddess Kaali - July 4, 2022