[dropcap color=”#008040″ boxed=”yes” boxed_radius=”8px” class=”” id=””]A[/dropcap] few days back, basking on the victory of BJP in Maharashtra Municipal Council elections, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley wrote an article on Facebook blaming Congress party’s scandal era of 2004 – 2014. Jaitley also tweeted about this.
Jaitley’s inaction gives the impression that he is the person in Narendra Modi government, putting road blocks in investigation in these high profile cases.
People of India have punished Congress in Lok Sabha elections, by giving a thumping majority to the National Democratic Alliance (NDA), though Jaitley lost the election unceremoniously. Now, for the past 34 months, Jaitley is the Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs of this country controlling many powerful investigating agencies like Enforcement Directorate (ED), Income Tax and Serious Frauds Investigation Office (SFIO) to fix the corrupt people.
Instead of writing articles on corruption, after being in power for almost 3 years, Jaitley should take stock of what the investigating agencies under him did against big corruption cases involving Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi in National Herald case, P Chidambaram and son Karti in Aircel Maxis scam and Money Laundering and Robert Vadra’s shell companies.
Jaitley’s inaction gives the impression that he is the person in Narendra Modi government, putting road blocks in investigation in these high profile cases. The only way he can dispel this notion is by acting on it rightaway.
Here are 10 questions for you, Mr. Jaitley. These are compiled from the hundreds of messages that we receive on Social Media about you. You are the Finance Minister; the buck stops with you.
- What is the status of Income Tax probe in National Herald case involving illegal Rs.90 crore funding by Congress party?
- All Courts from Trial Court to Supreme Court found merit in Subramanian Swamy’s case in National Herald and found prima facie money laundering, apart from cheating. Why has the ED under you not acted till date?
- Did you attempt to save the Gandhi family and blocked ED from registering case under PMLA in National Herald? On January 14, 2015, ED issued a dubious circular blocking officers to take cognizance of offence, even after trial court summoned persons involving money laundering.
We are publishing the dubious circular issued by ED under you to block the officers from acting in National Herald case under PMLA (Prevention of Money Laundering Act), which insists on attachments of properties of National Herald and envisages minimum jail term of three years to maximum of seven years. The dubious circular is published below this article. This illegal circular was issued to officers within a few months, after Swamy filed complaint to ED to register cases under PMLA in National Herald case, citing controversial money flow of Rs.90 crore. After Swamy’s complaint to Narendra Modi, this illegal circular was withdrawn.
This Circular advices ED officers that there is no need to register ECIR (equivalent to FIR of other probe agencies) even after a Magistrate takes cognizance of offence!!! This is against the Section 65 of the PMLA Act which says about the sanctity of Criminal Procedure Code (CrPC) and Magistrate’s Order.
- Mr. Jaitley, without your direction no officer in ED can dare to issue such an illegal circular, which is meant to save Sonia and Rahul from the PMLA case. Why did you do this? If you are so honest, why can’t you give direction to ED to register the case under PMLA in National Herald?
- Now coming to your two decade long buddy P Chidambaram. Why are you not allowing ED to arrest Chidambaram’s son Karti, after he disobeyed the summons notice thrice in Aircel-Maxis scam? Is this not an insult to you?
- Why are you not ordering ED and IT to probe into the 21 secret foreign bank accounts of Karti?
- Why are you not allowing ED to arrest Chidambaram’s wife Nalini, allegedly the biggest beneficiary in Saradha Scam?
- Why is the Serious Frauds Investigation Office (SFIO) under you not acting on number of shell companies floated by Robert Vadra and Karti?
- Why is the Finance Ministry under you not giving information and documents to CBI probing Chidambaram’s frauds in FIPB approval to Aircel-Maxis scam?
- Why ED is not allowed to covert FEMA case against NDTV to PMLA for Rs.2030 crore money laundering? How can you frequent the NDTV Studios, when IT and ED under you are investigating NDTV frauds? What impression will it give to the officers in these probe agencies?
Your write up is worthless if you do not follow through on the hard work done by your officers. You prove your mettle by acting on these big scamsters.
Given below is the ED’s circular dated January 14, 2015 to save Sonia and Rahul from National Herald case.
- India and United States reaffirm commitment to strengthen democratic institutions. Blinken meets Dalai Lama’s representative - July 28, 2021
- Delhi HC expresses displeasure over non-compliance of IT Rules by Twitter. Government says Twitter earns $7 million per year from India - July 28, 2021
- Online lending platforms can’t be allowed to charge exorbitant interest. Delhi High Court directs Central Government and RBI to find a solution - July 27, 2021