A recent video that we came across echoes a similar sentiment –
[dropcap color=”#008040″ boxed=”yes” boxed_radius=”8px” class=”” id=””]E[/dropcap]ver since you hit the silverscreen like a whiff of fresh air in Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak, India has embraced you as a star with talent. Your subsequent works such as Lagaan, Taare Zameen Par, 3 Idiots etc. only fortifed our belief in your talent. Your work in Dil Chahta Hai, Ghazni (eventhough it was inspired from Memento, released in 2000) was well received, even if some purists murmured that both these movies were inspirations from Hollywood.
Even PK, a satire poking fun at long held beliefs (and some might say it was being directed at one religion in particular) was humored and did well at the Box Office. So it comes as a surprise to all of us (you now have a world wide audience) when you were quoted as follows:
We watched your films irrespective of who you were with because we saw the merit in your acting. We can separate Aamir Khan the individual and Aamir Khan the actor. It is important (for all of us) to realise that we are:
- Human beings first,
- Indians next and lastly
- Sanatana Dharmiks, which is the law of the land we were born in.
[dropcap color=”#008040″ boxed=”yes” boxed_radius=”8px” class=”” id=””]I[/dropcap]f you feel that injustice was or is being done to you, there is a court system to right that. No one objected when you decided to bring your children up as Muslim. You are in danger of being ignored by your audience if you do not right this. The usual excuses are “I was misquoted…”, “That is not what I really meant…”, “it was my wife’s opinion, not mine” or “my cat made me say it!”
We are waiting… and watching. As Arnab would have said, “The Nation wants to know!”
1. Text in Blue points to additional data on the topic.
- Saradha Chit Fund case: ED attaches assets of Nalini Chidambaram - February 3, 2023
- Hindenburg expose: Majority of Adani Group firms end lower. Combined market cap falls Rs.5.56 lakh crore in 3 days - January 30, 2023
- Industrialist Pramod Mittal charged with organized crime in Bosnia for siphoning funds from steel company - January 29, 2023