If the common man (sorry I don’t use Aam Aadmi anymore) were to be caught with “For SC Eyes Only” papers prepared by the redoubtable Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), the hereto mentioned Common Man will be:
- Divested of every piece of clothing on him except for the barest essentials to cover his modesty,
- All papers in the house, all clothes, jewellery, pillows, contents of hidden drawers (the said incident occurred in the Palli arai (Bedroom in Tamil – it is a different matter that the same two words also mean a study room)) will be carted away at a time when all the neighbours are home and will be drawn by the commotion and taking videos as precious (and not so precious) inventory gets carted away.
- As a final act, the Officer in charge will take the said common man’s signature right in the middle of the road, in full view of all the video freelancers, with the aforementioned minimal piece of clothing, and with a smug smile, drive away, leaving the common man to devise new ways of retreating to the comforts of his confines before any of the curious neighbours can get even a word edgewise.
But the former Finance Minister P Chidambaram is not a common man, despite being caught red-handed by the Enforcement Directorate’s (ED) seizure of CBI’s draft status report to be submitted to the Supreme Court (SC) in a sealed cover from his bedroom. For those who were wondering why the ED was repeatedly raiding the various premises of the Chidambarams, perhaps this is a clue. The probe agency’s draft report was recovered from the main culprit Chidambaram’s home in Jor Bagh proving PGurus allegations that some IPS officers in CBI were moles of Chidambaram.A delay of more than three years in prosecuting Chidambaram in the Aircel-Maxis scam had created many doubts over the functioning of the CBI1. Most of these sensitive cases are supervised by CBI’s controversial officer Rakesh Asthana. This officer’s name was found in the Diaries for accepting regular kickbacks from a tainted company Sterling Biotech.
The Pioneer’s report says that the CBI has started an internal probe to find the “moles within” the organisation. The raid conducted on January 13 by the ED found CBI’s draft report to be submitted to the Supreme Court on January 23 from Chidambaram’s home. Chidambaram and his son Karti got panicky after the Supreme Court’s 2G Bench headed by Justice Arun Mishra was repeatedly slamming CBI for inordinate delays in Aircel-Maxis in the case initiated by BJP leader Subramanian Swamy.
Raiding Chidambaram’s home and Karti’s firm by ED and IT in connection with the Aircel-Maxis scam in December 2015 had unearthed illegal properties amassed in 14 countries and 21 illegal foreign bank accounts. For initiating this raid, ED’s Joint Director and Investigating Officer Rajeshwar Singh is still facing hardships by the Chidambaram gang in the Finance Ministry headed by Arun Jaitley. For the past five years, the officer is fighting service cases as his promotion was denied by an uncouth cabal in the Finance Ministry and a coterie of Chidambaram. It is obvious that some “bent” people in the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) also support Chidambaram. No other reason can explain the delay in charge sheeting Chidambaram.
Now Chidambaram is caught for violations of Indian Penal Code for interfering in an investigation which deserves another case and imprisonment. In any other law-abiding country, Chidambaram would have been in jail for the seizure of CBI documents from his bedroom.
BJP leader Subramanian Swamy tweeted/ responded to this recent development:
We have to identify the CBI officials who are actively assisting crooks of UPA to escape. The senior officer in charge of Marans, NDTV and 2G cases is the same person. He is patronised by Sakuni and Dushasan. Contempt of Court case in SC likely
— Subramanian Swamy (@Swamy39) February 8, 2018
We all know who Swamy means when he mentions the name Sakuni. But who is Dushasan? Anyway, this incident proves that many “people with flexible morals” exist to protect the corrupt Chidamabaram family, which is already facing 10 cases involving, corruption, money laundering, black money and hotel grabbing.
Now media reports that CBI is probing as to how their classified report was leaked to main suspect Chidambaram. What kind of probe is CBI intending? First, they have to arrest and interrogate Chidambaram. Only he can reveal how he got the CBI’s classified documents.
 Prashant Bhushan accuses CBI officer Rakesh Asthana of accepting Rs.3.5 crores from Sterlin Biotech – Nov 7, 2017, PGurus.com
 AIRCEL-MAXIS DEAL: CLASSIFIED SCAM REPORT SEIZED FROM PC HOME – Feb 8, 2018, Pioneer
 Did someone from the Finance Ministry tip off Karti about ED’s move to attach property? Sep 28, 2017, PGurus.com
 Chidambara Rahasya – Details of huge secret assets & foreign bank accounts of Chidambaram family – Mar 15, 2017, PGurus.com
- Farm Bill withdrawal: Its time Modi change his style of functioning and be more inclusive - November 20, 2021
- Modi gets the highest approval rating of 70 percent among world leaders - September 5, 2021
- Congress MP Shashi Tharoor discharged from wife Sunanda’s mysterious death case – how a high-profile criminal case got sabotaged - August 19, 2021